Blocking IP addresses

Started by Ronald, September 02, 2015, 11:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Well, you can block it...if you choose.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 08, 2015, 07:53:44 AM
Well, you can block it...if you choose.

I am wondering if it's real or a bot.. I have to check this out.. She does have a facebook account and a few others..

Skhilled

That's very possible that it's a real person...trying to drum up some business. But it still sounds like spamming, nonetheless.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 08, 2015, 09:08:51 AM
That's very possible that it's a real person...trying to drum up some business. But it still sounds like spamming, nonetheless.

I can agree with you on this.. I will check her and maybe send her this way..

Skhilled

PM me her her IP and email addy and I'll do a check on her

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 08, 2015, 09:17:19 AM
PM me her her IP and email addy and I'll do a check on her

Here you go buddy

Username:
    emsisoft
Email:
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, My Space, GitHub, VK, Spring & FQuick Details:

Date Registered:
    Yesterday at 01:27:14 PM
IP:
    ***.**.***.**

Hostname:
    ***.**.***.**
Local Time:
    September 08, 2015, 09:28:05 AM
Last Active:

I joined the Emsisoft forum and posted about this, see what they say.. I did not find any name on the emsisoft forum related to her..

I'd love to have someone like this posting on the forum, as long as it's a real person..
    Yesterday at 01:58:08 PM

Skhilled

Seems to be from the Ukraine.

I did ask for this in a PM in case she is real. You should never post IP or email addresses openly. Bad bots can read them and spam them....I edited your post to block them. ;)

Btw, does she actually respond to users who post in her topics?

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 08, 2015, 09:48:49 AM
Seems to be from the Ukraine.

I did ask for this in a PM in case she is real. You should never post IP or email addresses openly. Bad bots can read them and spam them....I edited your post to block them. ;)

Btw, does she actually respond to users who post in her topics?

Sorry about that Steve.. Still to early in the morning, and I guess I didn't see the PM part.. Sorry..

Yea Ukraine but profile say New Zeland..

Skhilled

No problem. :) You just don't want to want to give them problems if they are real and just may be trying to be helpful...even tho they shouldn't be doing this. LOL

stopforumspam.com says Ukraine. So they are spoofing/lying. Go to their profile then Profile Info -> Track User -> IP Address. Under "Look up IP on a regional whois-server" something should be in bold text. If it is click on it and it should tell you where they are from.

Then look in "Members from IP (range)" (right below "Look up IP on a regional whois-server") and see if there are multiple usernames there. If so, then they have created multiple accounts. Good users should not do that unless they have multiple users registered in the same household. On this site, no one is allowed to have multiple accounts unless they specifically ask for it. Bots will not ask for it but humans might. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 08, 2015, 10:11:38 AM
No problem. :) You just don't want to want to give them problems if they are real and just may be trying to be helpful...even tho they shouldn't be doing this. LOL

stopforumspam.com says Ukraine. So they are spoofing/lying. Go to their profile then Profile Info -> Track User -> IP Address. Under "Look up IP on a regional whois-server" something should be in bold text. If it is click on it and it should tell you where they are from.

Then look in "Members from IP (range)" (right below "Look up IP on a regional whois-server") and see if there are multiple usernames there. If so, then they have created multiple accounts. Good users should not do that unless they have multiple users registered in the same household. On this site, no one is allowed to have multiple accounts unless they specifically ask for it. Bots will not ask for it but humans might. ;)

I also get the same.. I did a full check after the member registered.

I'm happy if she posts more and is legit..

Nothing back from the emsisoft forum.. I got some good friends in the security forums I might check with them..

Ronald

Steve it is the real thing..had confirmation from her..

Skhilled