Contact Form

Started by Ronald, August 27, 2015, 09:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 01, 2015, 03:00:48 PM
This is the page I use now. http://www.seniorsworldwide.net/index.php?page=page2576 click on no need to login and see what I'm using now.. Problem is when you send me a inquirer it comes through "snaphost" 

Now here is SMF Contact Us

Advanced Contact Form 1.1  being used on a Test Board  http://diyhomerepairforum.net/earcade/test/index.php?action=contact

Lets see what can be done with this..

If you still wish to do it like this then open /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php. Find these lines and edit them to your liking...just remember to leave a space at the end of your text.

Find line 35 for Name:

$txt['contact_form_label_name'] = 'Name ';

Find line 42 for Subject:

$txt['contact_form_label_subject'] = 'Subject ';

Find line 34 for Message:

$txt['contact_form_label_message'] = 'Message ';

Now for the banner you would need to edit /Themes/Contact2.template.php about between lines 17 and 18 and add your banner and text message there. Exactly how is a bit tricky for me. I'd have to play around for awhile to get it to work.

For the dropdown menu you'd need to edit lines 24 to 27:

<tr>
    <td width="28%"" class="windowbg2"><b>',$txt['smfcontact_subject'],'</b></td>
    <td width="72%"" class="windowbg2"><input type="text" name="subject" size="64" /></td>
  </tr>

Again, I'd have to take some time to play with it to get it right as I'm not a real coder.

But this should get you started.  ;D

Ronald

Skhilled

No problem. :)

Maybe even vbGamer can help with the dropdown and the banner.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 02, 2015, 09:36:55 AM
No problem. :)

Maybe even vbGamer can help with the dropdown and the banner.

Forget VBGamer he is to busy, he took over the arcade and can't even update that, says he has no time, of course he is not getting any money from the mod..

He also is involved in the MYBB group with codes and mod.'s..

I have codes for a drop down menu, but I may shorten it to only 3 or 4 reasons and use a check box, or as Maxx says leave it alone..

Skhilled

Yeah, I forgot about all of the things he does and is quite busy. I'll have to look it up. Can't promise anything but will give it a shot...

Ronald

Looked the files over tried and tried, got nothing just blank pages..

Remember this is the Advanced Contact Form, I even tried setting from the acp and still no good

Has to be a trick here somewhere.

Maxx

I'm working on a HTML Contact form; to see if I can implement functions to the smkhacks contact forum you'll need to give me some time... I going through a rough with draw, from some med the stopped and coming down the flu with my COPD and other issues; I'll put screen of the layout: attachment!

Still thinking about more features? !

regards,
Maxx

Ronald

Quote from: Maxx on September 02, 2015, 02:28:05 PM
I'm working on a HTML Contact form; to see if I can implement functions to the smkhacks contact forum you'll need to give me some time... I going through a rough with draw, from some med the stopped and coming down the flu with my COPD and other issues; I'll put screen of the layout: attachment!

Still thinking about more features? !

regards,
Maxx

Screen shot looks good.

Need the recaptcha or a easy one like smf uses, and make sure things are required..

I am using the Advanced Contact Form right now, seems to work good, comes from my server now and this is what I wanted..

Sorry to hear your getting sick, copd is no fun..

You take care of yourself first, this can wait..

Skhilled

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 02, 2015, 01:48:59 PM
Looked the files over tried and tried, got nothing just blank pages..

Remember this is the Advanced Contact Form, I even tried setting from the acp and still no good

Has to be a trick here somewhere.

Then you're doing something wrong. What program are you using to edit the files?

Just thought of something...your Modifications.english.php line numbers may be different from mine. But, you should still have the same line in there somewhere...

Ronald

Notepad++

I'll look again today..

Skhilled

Skhilled

It may be easier if you post your /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php. You should also remember to use the same capital letters for spelling you see here or you will get blank pages.

Use Modifications.english.php not modifications.english.php...make sure you save it that way.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 04, 2015, 09:44:13 AM
It may be easier if you post your /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php. You should also remember to use the same capital letters for spelling you see here or you will get blank pages.

Use Modifications.english.php not modifications.english.php...make sure you save it that way.

Keep getting this error..

Modifications.english.php.
You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip.

Ronald

Trying once more.

Skhilled

I think you have multiple instances of arcade in it which will cause problems. Probably multiple instances of arcade code in other files as well.

Try this one...