Steve's Rig 2015

Started by Skhilled, March 01, 2015, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Not a bad card...I need to research these a bit more.

Maxx

Steve,

I had to cancel mine the ASUS because I'm not sure about the Drivers for Windows 10.. and I'm gonna do the same..research, need to see if mine can use that card I sent you the link to the 4gb :)

I did update the Drivers on my New Dell, it was missing 10... found out by using the Slimdrivers (Free)
scanner. It also installs the drivers free. Kool app!

Also I posted I found the Chipset .. Graphics driver for my New GegaByte Intel PC, my main Machine!
If you get this slimdrivers make certain it for Cnet or you will get a Hacking ware!

I think I posted the link@!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yeah, I've noticed there are a lot of download managers lately on a lot of sites that didn't use those things before. If I find out a site uses them I no longer download any thing from there.

Maxx

After using the program I suggested I got all my Intel drivers updated and install on my new Dell and now the HD works like it was designed to do, befor that it was boring, and widows 10 did not find the drivers I need!\

It comes only with one baggage ware and that is or can be uninstall as soon as you do you driver scan for free! works great! on 2 of my Intel Machines!

For AMD I did another post for those driver updated at the AMD support site just in the last few days!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

So everything is work as it's supposed to now?

Sorry, talking a lot with the gf...

Maxx

Yes this correct! and No problem Bro... I'm cleaning Machines and desk and organizing all the new Meds they gave me, Why did I get started now I got allot to be done yet! :)

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

So... hows about an update?
Tell us how it's working now, how you like it, are there any issues or dislikes? We need to know this stuff!  :hah:

And, a few pictures would be a good thing.  :whistle:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

So far, everything works very well!

The only issues I've had were updating the drivers for the DVD but were fixed. And an issues with updating my old video card which was also fixed.

Win 10 seems to be working fine, atm with the exception of the privacy issues. I think I've blocked those. I'll try to get some pics soon.

Maxx

Steve.. on my dual monitor using the Asus 1GB video card NVIDA I can now multi task in two separate windows, Create a theme in one monitor and check live in the other with a browser at the same time.

WE just grab one application move it to the other or second monitor with the mouse ... this real!

I think for with 8 up you can do this with the windows monitor settings in the setup!

How To Use Dual Monitors In Windows 8

Skhilled

Coll! I think Les uses 3 monitors or is it 4???

I have problems keeping up with one sometimes. LOL

Skhilled

Well, the Christmas and birthday Gods were good to me so I've purchased a few things for Blacken...

SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD

SABRENT 2.5 to 3.5 Inches Internal Hard Disk Drive Mounting Kit

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I'm glad that they've finally come down in price a lot!

Ronald

What are these two being uses for?

Skhilled

The SSD hard drives are MUCH faster than standard hard drives and will dramatically increase the time it takes for your PC to boot and for programs to load. They were pretty expensive but have really dropped in price recently. If it wasn't for the price I would have got one for my primary C drive when I started building this.

The mounting kit is for installing it into a standard hard drive/DVD bay since they are much smaller. You screw it into the mounting kit then install it into your PC case as you would a normal extra or secondary hard drive.