How too add membergroup badges?

Started by beast, April 17, 2012, 07:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I was wondering if it was possible to install , ,   Under the proper members on the board?

:whistle: :hah:

EDIT: Edited the title to make it more descriptive. ;)
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Sure! Here's the short version. ;)

1.  Upload the badges to /Themes/default/images - if you have multiple themes you must upload them to all themes for them to show in each theme.

2.  Go to Admin -> Members -> Membergroups -> Edit Membergroups

3.  Click "Modify" on any membergroup.

4.  Change "Number of star images:" to one...or you'll have multiple badges.

5.  In "Star image filename:", enter the name of the image the badge for that membergroup. You must do this part for each membergroup.

beast

Ok, I had to go to Fort Smith yesterday to see a Doc. I have to go see my home Doc. today. As soon as I get back I will work on it. Thank You

:happy: :hah:

Skhilled

No problem. I'll be getting around to adding little things like this sooner or later.

Nice badges! :)

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on April 17, 2012, 08:53:42 AM

1.  Upload the badges to /Themes/default/images - if you have multiple themes you must upload them to all themes for them to show in each theme.

5.  In "Star image filename:", enter the name of the image the badge for that membergroup. You must do this part for each membergroup.

I think I can do it all except #1   Where and how do I do that?

beast

I'm doing something wrong. Its not working for me

:groan:

Skhilled

Quote from: beast on April 17, 2012, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: Skhilled on April 17, 2012, 08:53:42 AM

I think I can do it all except #1   Where and how do I do that?

Use FTP or cPanel's File Manager to upload them to /Themes/default/images. For your other themes upload them to /Themes/(name of theme)/images. (name of theme) = the actual name of the theme.

beast

Ok I did that. Now I can't get the members group right. On the Star image filename: I installed P_admin31.gif and it won't work

:groan:

Skhilled

On your test or live forum?

beast

Skhilled

You did not upload it to the right directory or it will show.

EDIT: You spelled it wrong... should be p_admin31.gif not P_admin31.gif. Capitalization will always make a difference.

beast

It works. Hey! You don't know how happy you are making me. Thank You

Skhilled

Especially, on linux servers...spelling and capitalization is very important. Take a look at your SMF files. A lot of them have caps in the filenames.

beast

I wonder why it would have caps in the files when it takes samle letters to make it work right??

:dontknow:

Skhilled

Linux forums treats caps as separate letters. Windows servers do not. This is very important to remember. Get in the habit of telling the difference and make sure that you use caps if the file calls for it.

EDIT: Should have said: "Linux servers"  :baghead: