Not sending news letters

Started by beast, January 01, 2019, 10:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Over on my forum. I have sent out some letters to the members. I haven't got any. Have you? If not why?

:taz:

Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

I haven't got any but I may not have it set in my profile to get them. Check your profile under Notifications to see if you have it checked so you can receive them. I usually have it disabled for most accounts because I'm an admin for so many sites I'd never get anything done cause of all of the emails. LOL Been there before...

beast

I checked with Windstream and they said they couldn't do any thing till they knew the stumpburner email address. I didn't even know it had one. How do I find it?

Skhilled

Admin -> Configuration -> General -> Webmaster Email Address.
You also have one in Admin -> Maintenance -> Mail -> Settings.
If they are both different then give them both addresses.

beast

I got some email going out now, but here is why I can't send news letters

Message blocked
Your message to ray.mallett@yahoo.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
LEARN MORE

The response was:
Message rejected. See https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 for more information.

They don't tell you any thing there. The reason the mail was blocked was there was attachments on them. I don't know why, or how to get rid of them. I think I might have a spammer on the stumpburner. Do you know any thing about this kind of thing?

Skhilled

How do you know there were attachments in them? If there were attachments maybe it was from a previous mod you had installed on your forum at one time? Did you check to see if your email or domain was blocked by spamcop, etc.?

Now, it is also possible that your yahoo account was hacked. That may have something to do with it. You might wish to contact Yahoo's email department and see if they can find anything.

EDIT: You might also wish to create a secondary email address just for the forum using ***@stumpburner.com. You do know you can create as many as you wish. ;)

beast

You might also wish to create a secondary email address just for the forum using ***@stumpburner.com. You do know you can create as many as you wish.

How do I do this? Will it let me send news letters out too my members?

Skhilled

You do it in cpanel email settings. Then change the forum email to the new email.

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on July 17, 2019, 10:51:25 AM
You do it in cpanel email settings. Then change the forum email to the new email.

[/quote

I have no idea how to do that. I went and looked and I think I can mess it all up

Skhilled

Then create a 2nd yahoo. account or get a gmail account and use that.

beast

Thank you The news letters is working perfect  :happy: :happy:

Skhilled

Excellent! You can also get your cell phone or PC/laptop to get email from that address too.

Youtube has some excellent videos for many things. ;)