Updating Crip Zone Themes

Started by Skhilled, February 11, 2019, 01:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I started working on updating the themes when the RC1 pre-release was in Github. A few days later they released RC1 so I figured I should start over in cause of any major code changes that may affect my work. RC1 does contain a number of bugs according to others. I've only found a few but have not really looked for any just yet...too busy working on the themes.

I 've been working on one theme but had problems and then switched to trying another hoping it would be easier. After a few days I was informed that I needed to disable minify JS anf jQuery in the admin while updating themes then things started falling into place. Here's the original theme using SMF 2.0.15:

https://skhilled.com/smftest/index.php

And here's what I'm working on in 2.1 RC1:

https://skhilled.com/smfrc1/index.php

There's still a ways to go before completion but I'm getting there and learning a lot!  :cool2: I may even change a couple of things to keep up with the times but they will mostly stay the same.

Scrubmeister

I think Jeff would be pleased that people can continue use his themes. Keep up the good work Skhilled.

Skhilled

Ronald

Thanks Steve for doing this. Lets carry on Jeff's work, I'm sure he's approve of this..

I understand when the final 2.1 is released there are major skin changes involved..

Skhilled

Thanks. I'm hoping there aren't a lot of major changes that I can't deal with other than what they've already done. But, for someone who has only done minor CSS editing, etc. I'm doing surprisingly well in a short amount of time. :)

I'm only going to stick to a few themes for now. If they make more major changes later I'll have a lot less work to do. There's 64 themes! I'm not going to convert them all then have to redo them all again! LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on February 16, 2019, 09:45:45 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping there aren't a lot of major changes that I can't deal with other than what they've already done. But, for someone who has only done minor CSS editing, etc. I'm doing surprisingly well in a short amount of time. :)

I'm only going to stick to a few themes for now. If they make more major changes later I'll have a lot less work to do. There's 64 themes! I'm not going to convert them all then have to redo them all again! LOL

What ever and the amount of skins, will be appreciated.. :cheers:

Skhilled

So far, Orangeline is looking pretty good. Just a few little issues left...I think :)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on February 19, 2019, 10:18:10 AM
So far, Orangeline is looking pretty good. Just a few little issues left...I think :)

Do you think or figure you can or will convert some over to 2.1 skins :coverface:

Skhilled

That's the plan like I said in the first post..."IF" I can learn this stuff well enough to get it working. Currently, I'm stuck at a few parts. :P

Once I get one part looking the way I want it inadvertently screws up something else cause the code is connected together somehow. LOL

beast

If you have any questions, just ask.  :hah: :rofl1:

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Actually, I have a ton of them! LOL

Skhilled

The first theme is almost complete for RC2! Cleanwhite:

https://skhilled.com/rc2/index.php?theme=9

Lots more in store!  :cool2:

Scrubmeister

Ken.

Thank you for all the work and effort that you are putting into this project, Steve! I know that Crip would be well pleased with your progress, as are we all.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled