2.0.15 themes

Started by beast, November 26, 2017, 09:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Where can I get some themes for my site?

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

beast

Thank you. I want to look some over

lurkalot

Just a note.  Not sure but I'm betting most of those themes will need updating to run on SMF 2.0.14 and SMF 2.0.15 otherwise they will give you the dreaded session check error.  https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553902.0

Skhilled

Thanks for posting that, Mick. I meant to do it but was sidetracked.

Ronald

I did change this code, in beast's forum and also my own forum..

Beast's forum all the skins are older versions

Name: Orangeline
Author: Crip
Type: Modern
First Created: March 31, 2008, 04:24:59 PM
Last Modified: November 07, 2013, 08:13:02 AM
Compatible With: 1.1.19, 2.0.6

Name: 2.0 Sunset
Author: ForumMustang.com
Type: Natural
First Created: April 16, 2008, 10:02:53 AM
Last Modified: November 24, 2015, 11:08:34 PM
Compatible With: 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.9, 2.0.10, 2.0.11

Name: Simple GTA
Author: Diego Andrés
Type: Modern
First Created: August 26, 2013, 07:20:48 PM
Last Modified: July 04, 2017, 08:20:11 PM
Compatible With: 2.0.5, 2.0.7, 2.0.11, 2.0.14

Name: Origami
Author: CrimeS
Type: Minimal
First Created: July 10, 2013, 12:46:14 PM
Last Modified: February 26, 2014, 04:42:49 PM
Compatible With: 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7

StumpBurner_2.0 which is a custom made theme skin..

Skhilled

Ron, if the Stumpburner theme does not have that code it may revert to using the code in Curves. However, that is a really old theme and may need more code changes then just that.

beast

I am looking over themes and checking them to make sure they will work on 2.0.15 When I get a few, I'm going to get rid of some of the old ones

Skhilled

Then you will have to add the code for the mods to them. You should always install the themes first so the mods will find them and install their code for you. You will not have to do it again later. ;)

beast

Hmmmm I will have to find out how to do that. I don't know what mods I would have to uninstall to install the themes and then install the mods again

Skhilled

Currently, the only mod that is installed is the arcade. The problem is that you guys were not trying to install the latest version and trying to install an older version.

You should hold off installing any more mods until you get the themes sorted and installed. Then install the UPDATED mods. ;)

Ronald

All the mod.'s are installed..

We'd have to remove all the skins, and mod.'s and start over again.. From what I seen installing the mod.'s there was only one (1) error and that error was in Sunset skin..

So there should be no problem running the large upgrade again or the fixit.php and pop the mod.'s out..

Ronald

beast you installed some skins, and they will not work with your forum. These skins are outdated by many, many years, one is for smf 1.1.11

Beast when looking for SMF Theme Skins, make sure they are for 2.0.14 or 2.0.15 and are compatible with  2.0.14 and 2.0.15

Check for SMF Theme Skins here: https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=91

You can aslo go to places like this, and some skins are free and some you have to pay for.  https://www.smfpacks.com/page/sa=themes

Why don't you just pick one nice theme skin, install it and make it your default skin..Most sites do it this way..To many skins make for a big headache..

Ronald

Are the skins on the old Cripzone still good: https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?action=forum

Most of the skins show 2013, I just cheeked the contents of one and it was 2011.. Are these compatible with amf 2.0.14 and smf 2.0.15

Skhilled

That is basically what I've been saying all of these years. You must keep your SMF, themes, and mods updated. No more than maybe 2 versions behind unless there are known security issues then you'll need to upgrade immediately! This is what hackers look for...people who use outdated software to exploit or those with known security flaws. It's very easy to to find sites that use such software.

All of the themes at CZ need to be updated. I am going to update them all for code for SMF 2.0.14...all 70+ themes! Of course, it will take some time and I'm not sure if there are any changes needed for SMF 2.0.15 yet. I've been busy updating SMF as well as the mods, etc. there. The demo site still works.

If you want a particular theme or two let me know and I'll update them, if possible. However, you may need to get new themes when SMF 2.1 arrives and I may or may not be able to upgrade them. Remember, I'm not a real coder although I do know some things.