Change folder name

Started by Ronald, November 15, 2020, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

After the conversion to smf 2.0.17, the forum is in a folder called test, how can I change that to the name of the forum or even another name, without getting myself in a problem.

Skhilled

Use repair_settings.php. Copy all files (not move, which will delete the original contents of the current folder) to the new folder and run it, changing the current folder name and all links in repair_settings.php to the new folder. Make sure it works properly, then delete the old folder. That's it! ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 15, 2020, 09:35:09 AM
Use repair_settings.php. Copy all files (not move, which will delete the original contents of the current folder) to the new folder and run it, changing the current folder name and all links in repair_settings.php to the new folder. Make sure it works properly, then delete the old folder. That's it! ;)

No no, this is not for me, I'll leave as is, I thought it would be simple.

Skhilled

It is simple. Just try it...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 15, 2020, 03:06:58 PM
It is simple. Just try it...

You want ME? to try it  :oops: there goes the forum.

Skhilled

LOL, stop giving up so easily. At least upload repair_settings.php and have a look. It's just a matter of looking at the urls shown and changing them if needed. You don't have to do anything...just look. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 15, 2020, 03:36:31 PM
LOL, stop giving up so easily. At least upload repair_settings.php and have a look. It's just a matter of looking at the urls shown and changing them if needed. You don't have to do anything...just look. ;)

Yea maybe tonight or tomorrow.. I have done the repair before and it has worked.

Skhilled

Nothing will change if you just copy the files to a new folder. Do not delete them from the old one!

Then upload repair_settings.php to the new folder and run: https://your-forum.com/repair_settings.php and have a look. You do not have to change anything.