Main Menu

???

Started by Zacharia, June 12, 2017, 09:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zacharia

Doc can you check the cripzone I can't seem to get it to load on my end , I was there this morning ??

Skhilled

Yes, it is down. I was in the cPanel when it went down. I got an error about a ajax error then it went down. It was nothing I did so I couldn't figure out what happened. Then I started thinking. What if it is tied to Maxx's bank/credit cards? If so, then it would go down as well?

I've sent you an email telling you about it and hoping you knew Scrubmeister's email address to let him know what happened so he can contact the hosting to get it back up.

Zacharia

I'll check but speaking of Maxx I tried cripzone on another computer and got a strange redirect to B&T that is dowwn ???

Zacharia

.... I recall Maxx saying way back before Scrubs  was admin about keeping cripzone up for Jeff I hope it's not under Maxx's account

Skhilled

that's what I'm saying but I didn't think of that before. I hope not or I hope Scrubs can solve it cause he can contact the hosting.

There is something wrong with the servers. I can't even get into cPanel for some reason. Like I said I got an ajax error which had nothing to do with the sites and is server related. Scrubs needs to contact the hosting to get it fixed. It may be tied to Maxx. If so, it may not be back up unless Scrubs can get them to do it.

Skhilled

BTW, I've also sent an email to Kris hoping he'll be able to contact Scrubs...

Scrubmeister

Yes the host for Cripzone had some issues yesterday.  ???

All is good now though? I just joined here today so anyone that needs to can contact me using this forum or contact info in my profile.

I pay for the Cripzone hosting. I'm determined that Jeff get credit for all his work for as long as anyone uses his themes.

Unfortunately I could not pay to keep Maxx's sites up as the host wouldn't take my money. Hopefully our friend Maxx returns soon.  :(

lurkalot

Now totally confused.  Who owns and runs what.  I know I've been bust with the Tinyportal project for a while, but have I missed something over the last few months.?  :dontknow:

Scrubmeister

Our friend Maxx has gone MIA. Last known in the VA hospital but no one has seen or heard from him recently.

He had buildandtell.com and surfacethemes.com on the same server. Hosting ran out on June 11. I contacted host prior to that to try to pay for Maxx's hosting to keep the sites up for him and they wouldn't take my money

There is an area on Cripzone for friends of Maxx to stay in touch until he returns.

lurkalot

Scrubmeister, thanks, for the info,  I do hope Maxx is ok. 

I knew he had those two sites, but what about Cripzone?  I thought he had that too.  I thought perhaps now that SMF 2.0.14 has killed all the custom themes he'd taken them down.

Scrubmeister

Maxx had been lead Admin on Cripzone since Jeff's passing.

Skhilled

Quote from: lurkalot on June 13, 2017, 05:18:02 PM
Now totally confused.  Who owns and runs what.  I know I've been bust with the Tinyportal project for a while, but have I missed something over the last few months.?  :dontknow:
Mick, buildandtell is  lost cause Maxx was the only admin and the hosting closed it. But we were admins there and I got a backup through and. No one had access to the server. So, I backed up the database and was trying to recreate it on CZ's servers. But it keeps going down because of an Ajax issue...that the error I keep seeing just before it goes down. The only thing I'm doing is trying setup a ftp account! The server is misconfigured.

Skhilled

Scrubs, p!ease send the hosting a ticket telling them about the ajax error.

lurkalot

Quote from: Scrubmeister on June 13, 2017, 06:31:21 PM
Maxx had been lead Admin on Cripzone since Jeff's passing.

I thought it was Maxx and Jim aka Zarprime who took it on, but I'm a bit surprized to see there's no mention of Jim's passing on there, or if there is I've missed it.  Jeff and Jim were both Tinyportal team members.  I miss those guys a lot.

Edit: Typo.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on June 13, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

Mick, buildandtell is  lost cause Maxx was the only admin and the hosting closed it. But we were admins there and I got a backup through and. No one had access to the server. So, I backed up the database and was trying to recreate it on CZ's servers. But it keeps going down because of an Ajax issue...that the error I keep seeing just before it goes down. The only thing I'm doing is trying setup a ftp account! The server is misconfigured.

Steve, thanks.  Wondered what was going on.  I noticed it was down earlier.  Can't say I've ever experienced that Ajax problem, seems a strange one.  Hopefully it'll get fixed.

Are all the themes updated to work on 2.0.14?  or is that something in the pipeline?