Easy way to figure out submit system?

Started by MKJ, July 27, 2014, 06:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKJ

Sure is laborious adding games and trying to figure out what submit system is suitable for the high scores to work.  Is there a way to tell from decompiling the games?

Oh wait, the game packs on here have the information I need - great.

Oops on this post  :ohmy2: .

Skhilled

MKJ

Quote from: Skhilled on July 27, 2014, 07:15:10 AM
No problem...  :hah:

Welcome to Docskillz. :cool2:

I think I jumped the gun a bit as some of the packs don't have any info - such as Game Pack 14.  Are these games packs all of the same submit system type?  Would be good if they were cos then I would only have to work out the method of submit for one game and not all.

Again if there is no info regarding submit system would you know if this info is inside the game - as in when decompiled?

Skhilled

They are various types. The ones without any submit info are probably Arcade Script Submit.

Personally, I have not installed any or ran an arcade in some time. This site was origanally a satellite site for SMF Arcade if the arcade site went down. Unless specified, most of the games should use the arcade submit. All of the games in a gamepack are the same submit type.

Hmmm, when I get a change I'll add that info to the gamepack descriptions...

MKJ

Ok.

Working on the PDL hack now.  Seems there are some alterations I need to make but nearly there  :) .

Skhilled

The PDL Hack was created by Napalm at http://www.web-develop.ca/

If you need help it is best to ask him. He also has other hacks for the arcade.

MKJ

Working out what submit system to apply to a game is proving to be a nightmare.  Maybe the script could be upgraded so that when a game score is submitted it tries each submit system available until it scores a winner?  Will look in to this myself I think.

Skhilled

Each game in a gamepack uses the same submit type. If you get one right then the rest will work the same way for the rest in that pack.

Which pack are you having problems with?

MKJ

I've worked it out now.

I altered the Sources/ArcadeGame.php file (I have PDL installed so the ArcadeGame.php file is different). 

I found function ArcadeSubmit(), then this part of it ...

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['submit_system'] != $system['system'])
   {
      log_error(sprintf($txt['arcade_submit_error_configure_log'], $context['game']['name'], $system['system']));
      fatal_lang_error('arcade_submit_error', false);
   }

and altered it to this ...

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['phpbb'] != $system['system'])
   {
      log_error(sprintf($txt['arcade_submit_error_configure_log'], $context['game']['name'], $system['system']));
       goto b;
   }

b:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['v1game'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto c;
   }

c:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['v2game'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto d;
   }

d:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['ibp'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto e;
   }

e:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['ibp3'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto f;
   }

f:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['v3arcade'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto g;
   }

g:

if ($context['game']['score_type'] == 2 || $context['game']['custom_game'] != $system['system'])
   {
       goto h;
   }

h:

When a game highscore is submitted the code works it way through all the types of submissions until if finds one that works.  I have left the error log part in as that will allow me to view the error logs to see exactly what type of submit game it should have (states in the log itself). 

The above will help immensely and I will be probably put the file back as was when I have all the info about the game submit types from the log.

Skhilled

Hmmm, interesting! I had asked the original creator of the arcade for something like this long ago. I'll add it to this version and talk to Nalpalm about it.

And if I'm not mistaken, the PDL mod will accept more types of game submits than the RC2 version alone.