R.I.P., Calvin Summers, My Grandfather

Started by Skhilled, June 30, 2019, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

WWII Veteran Calvin Summers and my beloved grandfather has passed away today! He was greatly loved and will be greatly missed by many, many people from around the world!

:cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

Ken.

Steve, both Kay and I are saddened to hear of your Grandfather's passing. Although it's a part of life's journey it still hurts and we wish for peace of heart for you and your family.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Thanks, Ken and Kay. Everyone he met loved him. :)

Scrubmeister

So sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and yours.

We are losing so many WWII vets these days. They will all be greatly missed.

Skhilled

Thanks, and yes, there's not many of them left. I've been lucky to meet a number of them because they are friends of my grandfather.

beast

I salute my comrade in arms. RIP my brother

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Scrubmeister

Thank You for that link. A lot sure happened during his lifetime.

He was right. We would be living in a different world had guys like him not stepped up and fought for freedom.

Skhilled

Yes, but sadly, they all paid a very heavy price...

beast

Ever combat Vet. that I know, has not came back home completely. They know what I am talking about. Thank You Calvin, for giving me a life of freedom

Skhilled

beast

Steve I know what you are going thru. My brother just died 3 days back. He pulled 2 term in Nam  :'( :'(

Skhilled

I'm sorry for your loss. May your family find peace in these trying times.

Skhilled

The funeral went beautifully! There was an Honor Guard, a rifle salute, we were presented with the flag, the State of Pennsylvania presented us with an official proclamation, the newspapers were there covering it. Boy, it was great! I even gave a speech. There was also an official there from the military and one from Congress who said they will fight to get his silver medal and purple heart. We had tried to get them for many years and now think he will finally get them.  :cool2: