Linksys AC1600

Started by Skhilled, January 13, 2016, 03:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Got a new router last weekend but just got finished setting it all up. Now I can set up specific internet times for the kids and block certain sites...especially when they've been naughty or if I'm just pissed off at them.   :evil_fire:

I've added my wireless printer to it and can print with my tablet or any other devices that I allow on the netwrok. It has guest access so if friends come over they can easily use the WiFi with my given password without running up their minutes, etc. Of course, I have it setup for MAC Address Authentication only. Having dual band 2.4 and 5GhZ allow me to put high bandwidth devices, like Lealer's Smart TV or the Playstation when Brandon's playing online games that she uses for streaming her amazon shows, on a different band so the other devices aren't slowed down.   :cool2:

Linksys AC1600

So far, it works well and seems a bit faster!

Ken.

Looking at the specs and that seems to be a very nice router.  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Yes ,with a lot of nice features! So far, I'm happy with it.

Ken.

Mine is an older Netgear, so I don't think it has VPN built in... need to check it.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I'm reading up on port forwarding, atm, to use for the PS3 and the WiiU. It should help with bandwidth. I've read about it many years ago but never felt a need for it. But with so many devices in the house now it should help.