Getting "Forbidden" errors when submitting some game scores.

Started by dwd2000, February 09, 2015, 02:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwd2000

Not all games are giving me this problem.
I've never had these errors when using older versions of SMF and arcade.

Error Message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
30 years ago I was young and foolish. Now, I'm just young.

Skhilled

That is a server error and may be caused by incorrect folder or file permissions. You didn't mention what games they were or what type of submit they use but am pretty sure it is server related.         

dwd2000

One of the games is "Spin Poker Deluxe".
I have over 300 games and it only happens to a small amount of games. 2 or 3 so far.

Skhilled

That is not a game from here, is it? And where did you get it and what submit scoring is it?

dwd2000

I get most of my games from wolfpackarcade.com.
I've had no problems with any of their games with other versions of SMF, the arcade or the host before.
I've attached a copy of the game. (had to change the extension to txt...Should be .tar)
Maybe someone can figure it out.

Skhilled

Well, I'm not sure what the problem is because I installed a new forum, installed 2.6 arcade and the PDL mod to it and installed that game and it works for me.

http://www.docskillz.com/jeza/index.php?action=arcade

Perhaps you do not have the PDL Combo mod installed which installs .tar files and games with /gamedata folders or just did not install the game properly using this manual method:

Installing Gamedata Games

dwd2000

:groan:

Okay.

Just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with the scripts.

Thanks.

Skhilled

No problem. ;D

I think you forgot Niko stopped using the code for /gamedata games and .tar files and Jeza created his own. Now Underdog keeps it going with the PDL Combo mod.

dwd2000

I'm actually using the PDL.
I'm not having problems installing anything.
Just a small percentage of games are giving me that error when trying to save a score.

Chen Zhen

dwd2000,

For category icons remember to name your files with underscores in place of spaces. The cat names can use spaces but I am referring to the image file name for the corresponding category name. The icons should be .gif format only.

As for your issue, I can look at the issue directly to resolve it if you wish. To do this I will temporarily need Admin access and FTP access. This way  I can analyse what is transpiring and make necessary changes (debug).  If you want to allow that just send me a PM with the relevant info.

Regards.

dwd2000

I haven't started with the icons yet. It's rather simple. :)
I'm soon going to have this site as an app on Facebook.
Just waiting to save some money to switch to a paid account which also offers a free SSL certificate.

As for the "permission" problem, it's only happening to a couple games, so it may well be a server thing.
I see you've joined and played a few games.
This is one of the games that's having the problem:

http://www.daves-games.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=317

Btw...Is there a version of this arcade available that doesn't need SMF to run it? A stand alone version?

Skhilled

Quote from: dwd2000 on February 19, 2015, 02:00:18 PM
I haven't started with the icons yet. It's rather simple. :)
I'm soon going to have this site as an app on Facebook.
Just waiting to save some money to switch to a paid account which also offers a free SSL certificate.

As for the "permission" problem, it's only happening to a couple games, so it may well be a server thing.
I see you've joined and played a few games.
This is one of the games that's having the problem:

http://www.daves-games.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=317
Yeah, it's doing it for me too on your site but not on mine. If you send me FTP details I can have a look.

Quote from: dwd2000 on February 19, 2015, 02:00:18 PM
Btw...Is there a version of this arcade available that doesn't need SMF to run it? A stand alone version?
No, this is specifically designed for smf and nothing else. However, there are standalone arcade versions available online such as this one:

http://www.avscripts.net/avarcade/