Started by aura, December 03, 2014, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

OH!!! I see now. Thank you

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

It didn't work for me here too but haven't tried it since he changed it. He said there may be a theme issue or it only works for SP and not TP?

Ken.

The SP .vs TP thing may be the issue.  I've looked at all of the available block codes on the TP site and all of them are out of date and so are not working.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I'm waiting for the version without a portal anyways...hopefully this weekend or sooner.

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on December 09, 2014, 08:19:27 AM
I'm waiting for the version without a portal anyways...hopefully this weekend or sooner.

Sounds good.

Skhilled

OK, will someone please try this on a test site on their server? It is not working for me and gives me a blank page. I'd like to make sure it is not just this server.

http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;cat=5

Chen Zhen

It's your php memory_limit being too low.
The newer version of PHP sets this at 128M but yours is a bit dated and sets it at 32M.
I have adjusted the code to set it at 128M although it would be prudent to ask your host to set it permanently within the php.ini file.
The block code I previously posted is now PHP and I tested it here whereas it worked just fine.
However the mod I made gives you more options but not for placement just yet.

Regards.

Chen Zhen

For now until I add the options for where to place the effect it will show on every page.
However, you can control this using a portal.

Within the mods settings opt whatever effect you want and adjust its configuration.
Uncheck the first box to disable the mod.

Create a PHP block and set it to where you want it to display and put the following into it.
Make sure to place the block as the last thing on the page (so no other block invokes the global call).

global $modSettings;
$modSettings['snowflakesEnable'] = 1;

Skhilled

Every time I install it everything goes blank? 500 Internal Server Error...

Chen Zhen

Also I see nothing shows up in the Modifications template which means it is not doing its edits here for some reason.
There is a lot of images and lengthy js files included, perhaps your php.ini settings for upload file size is low?
The only thing I can think of atm is to recompile the mod missing the js and images files on purpose.
Afterwards add them via FTP.

It can also be the memory setting again..
Let me try something..

Skhilled

I've got much larger mods installed so it can't be the upload size...

Chen Zhen

The mod has been updated and installed on this forum.
It seems to be working well.

Regards.

Skhilled

Thank you very much, sir!  ;D You da man!

For those of you who wish to use this mod, you can get it here:

http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=6