IRC Chat

Started by Oracle, April 06, 2013, 04:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oracle

Hey Skhilled,

As you are aware I have installed the above on my forum http://cue-union.com but I'm somewhat puzzled about something when I begin a session with other members. Hoping you might be able to help.

Once the session begins a few comments are made then not only my members id but mine also changes to a numeric style identity > This obviously makes it hard to differentiate who your speaking with. Not sure whether this is the way things are supposed to work or if my account was hacked. Told the guys Id look into it.

Wanting to know if your chat works in a similar way?

Regards
Oracle

Skhilled

Hey Oracle. Since this is your first post, I officially welcome you to Docskillz!  :hah:

I believe what you are experiencing is when your name changes to "Guest###". This is happening because your have not registered your nick (username) and/or have not used " /id password " or " /identify password " after you have logged in. Even if your nick is registered you still should use the identify command after logging in to enable your status of your channel...admin, op, etc.

Sometimes, there is a sever glitch or 2, especially when the servers become overloaded. But you can always go to the #help channel for help.  :cool2:

Oracle

Thanks for responding Skhilled >

Yeah I probably should have into'd myself but completely overlooked it since we've been having discussions for some time. Will rectify when I get a moment.

To clarify my position, I did register my ID and have passcode for when I visit Mibbits site. But when I login via my forum I don't think there's provision to do so, will have another look and see what goes.

When I actually login mibbit creates what I thought was a private chat room under my ID so theres 2 counting mibbits when engaged. Its only when I start chatting that things change.

Skhilled

Hmmm, am I still registered there? If so, I'll pop over and have a look.

BTW, does it do the same if you login via the mibbit.com site? There may be something wrong wit hthe way it is setup on your forum only...the way you get in.

Oracle

Didn't realize you were online...yeah left everything as is though did change status back to subscriber...let me know if you wish to gain admin privileges

Skhilled

I just got here and noticed you were already here. lol

If "subscriber" can access the irc then I probably don't need admin...but will have a look.

Skhilled

You are having issues with loading or something on your forum. It partially loaded for me but I was still able to use chat. It worked fine for me. I refreshed the page and was finally able to see everything as it is supposed to be on the forum.

Yes, your chat looks different but not sure why. Here's the code I use:

[center][b]Check it out our IRC channel now![/b] [url=http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23docskillz=irc.mibbit.net][b][u]HERE[/u][/b][/url]
[b]Use channel [color=red]#docskillz[/color][/b][/center]

You only really need the "URL" part for it to work.

Oracle

Hey Skhilled,

Seeing I used a ready made plugin I didn't have to worry about code, just had to input some detail and voila.

The problem I encountered with log errors was due to my not including width and height values of irc window during setup. Rectified same tested a few times and no error count which I'm really happy about.

The invite issue still remains though, as discussed I will investigate mibbit to finalize setup.

Thanks again for yr patience

Oracle

Skhilled

Yes, I notice that the errors were saying something about width and height.

No problem. Let me know how it goes. :laugh: