Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Something just told me to try it and see to make sure. Sorry, I got your hopes up.  :dontknow:

But the 2nd part holds true for it recognizing smf 2.0.2. You can do that for your other mods that you emulate and they "might" work better. At the very least, you won't have to emulate to uninstall them. :)

beast

Hey! I'm all confused now.  :dontknow: ;D I downloaded notepad like you said and I put this on there and changed it to this. Is it right? I deleted php and changed the things in red

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">
<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
    <id>Tyrsson:logomanager</id>
    <name>LogoManager</name>
    <version>1.0b</version>
    <type>modification</type>
    <install for="2.0 RC5-2.0.2>
        <require-file name="LogoChanger.english.php" destination="$languagedir">LogoChanger.english.php</require-file>
        <require-file name="LogoChanger.php" destination="$sourcedir">LogoChanger.php</require-file>
        <require-file name="Subs-LogoChanger.php" destination="$sourcedir">Subs-LogoChanger.php</require-file>
        <readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme>
        <modification>install_2_0.xml</modification>
        <code type="inline"><![CDATA[
            add_integration_function('integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php');
            add_integration_function('integrate_admin_include', '$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php');
            add_integration_function('integrate_admin_areas', 'logochanger_admin_areas');
            add_integration_function('integrate_modify_modifications', 'logochanger_modify_modifications');
        ]]></code>
    </install>
    <uninstall for="2.0 RC5-2.0.2>
        <modification reverse="true">install_2_0.xml</modification>
        <code type="inline"><![CDATA
            remove_integration_function('integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_admin_include', '$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_admin_areas', 'logochanger_admin_areas');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_modify_modifications', 'LogoChanger');
        ]]></code>
        <remove-file name="$languagedir/LogoChanger.english.php" />
        <remove-file name="$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php" />
        <remove-file name="$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php" />
    </uninstall>
</package-info>
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

That should work to get it only installed BUT there is still a coding issue somewhere. I tried and tried but still get the same error..."missing argument". So, either something was left out of the code or something is misspelled.

beast

I'll try and get hold of Joey and see what he says. He never answers me any more.

I've look ever where for a arcade skin. I can't find one for 2.0.2 Do you have any suggestions. Or do I download the same one and emulate it ?

Hey! Little by little I'm learning how to take care of my site. Thanks to you and your board  :bow: :bow:

:dontknow:

Skhilled

You have to emulate it or change package-info.xml like I showed you. I'm not sure if it will work but others have tried it and said it does.  :cool2:

Thanks. ;D

Time for bed. :P See ya later. :)

beast

Was you going to try and work on my data base this week in? I'm not going to try and do anything till you do. Then I will.

Ozzie was telling me a while back that he could MAYBE fix the file missing in the games but! the data base was so messed up I might lose all my games. And maybe not???

:happy:

Skhilled

Sorry, I was eating pizza. LOL Yes, I'll do the database probably today sometime after my nap. It won't take long.

No, you won't lose anything for what I have to do. After that we'll try to what problems are left. I'm sure we'll need to do a forum makeover where we'll just upload all new smf files, make sure the database is upgraded, and see what problems crop up when installing mods.

beast

Quote from: beast on February 01, 2012, 10:34:11 AM

Hey! I'm all confused now.  :dontknow: ;D I downloaded notepad like you said and I put this on there and changed it to this. Is it right? I deleted php and changed the things in red

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">
<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
    <id>Tyrsson:logomanager</id>
    <name>LogoManager</name>
    <version>1.0b</version>
    <type>modification</type>
        <require-file name="LogoChanger.english.php" destination="$languagedir">LogoChanger.english.php</require-file>
        <require-file name="LogoChanger.php" destination="$sourcedir">LogoChanger.php</require-file>
        <require-file name="Subs-LogoChanger.php" destination="$sourcedir">Subs-LogoChanger.php</require-file>
        <readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme>
        <modification>install_2_0.xml</modification>
        <code type="inline"><![CDATA[
            add_integration_function('integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php');
            add_integration_function('integrate_admin_include', '$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php');
            add_integration_function('integrate_admin_areas', 'logochanger_admin_areas');
            add_integration_function('integrate_modify_modifications', 'logochanger_modify_modifications');
        ]]></code>
    </install>
    <uninstall for="2.0 RC5-2.0.2>
        <modification reverse="true">install_2_0.xml</modification>
        <code type="inline"><![CDATA
            remove_integration_function('integrate_pre_include', '$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_admin_include', '$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_admin_areas', 'logochanger_admin_areas');
            remove_integration_function('integrate_modify_modifications', 'LogoChanger');
        ]]></code>
        <remove-file name="$languagedir/LogoChanger.english.php" />
        <remove-file name="$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php" />
        <remove-file name="$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php" />
    </uninstall>
</package-info>

IF!! I wanted to change it to the above. How can I do it? I've went and tried to can it in the packet info and it won't let me

Skhilled

1.  Download Notepad++ and install it, not Windows Notepad. Never use Windows Notepad or Microsoft Word for editing files (in case you are using it). :)

2.  Extract the files from the Logo Changer.zip file (I think that is the file you are trying to use) into a directory on your hard drive.

3.  Open Notepad++ and open the package-info.xml file from the .zip of Logo Changer. I think it should be:
<install for="2.0 RC5, 2.0.2>

And not:

4.  You can then edit and resave the file.

5.  You will then need to rezip the file with the new saved file in it OR drop and drag the newly saved file into the logochanger.zip file to update it.

It will then be ready for use. You can try it on your test site.

btw, db collations are now changed for the main site. :)

beast

Were you able to get my data base straiten up any on my main site? I've been playing a little and seeing what I could do on the test site. I got the new media mod installed but no pic. Were they suppose to come over from the main site?

Skhilled

The db for the main site is good now. The reason why you don't have any images from the gallery is because there were probably never copied over to the test site. When I created the test site I didn't copy any files over from the main site to see how well things would install on their own.

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on February 05, 2012, 11:18:11 AM
The db for the main site is good now. The reason why you don't have any images from the gallery is because there were probably never copied over to the test site. When I created the test site I didn't copy any files over from the main site to see how well things would install on their own.

Ok I was wondering. I can install other pic. on it alright

beast

Did you want to try and see what can be done about the arcade next when you get time?

Skhilled

On the live site or test site? I thought I fixed it on the test site.

beast