Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Ok I see what I was doing wrong. I changed it a few times playing with it. BUT! I see now that the logo changer will only work on the default theme. Is there a simple way to make it work on all of them ?

:dontknow:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

My bad, I've solved one thing but you did say the logo changer. LOL

There is something wrong with it. It is causing errors in your logs. It is probably not installed correctly and/or is not designed to work with SMF 2.0.2. I can't even find it on the SMF site.

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 28, 2012, 09:19:02 AM
My bad, I've solved one thing but you did say the logo changer. LOL

There is something wrong with it. It is causing errors in your logs. It is probably not installed correctly and/or is not designed to work with SMF 2.0.2. I can't even find it on the SMF site.

Tyrsson made it for me. I guess when the site was updated it lost it

:groan:

Skhilled

Nope! I just remembered to check the /Packages directory for it...and it was there. ;)

Did he make it recently for smf 2.0.2?

beast

I don't think so. When he made it for me it was before the update

Skhilled

I'm looking at the package-info.xml file now and it was created for smf 2.0. That file will tell you what versions of SMF it was created for and is in every mod. That may be the reason why it doesn't work properly. Also you have issues on your site that need fixing. You'd have to emulate it and who knows what problems it can cause on a site that is working properly...not to mention one that is not.

beast

So would you recommend to just delete it?

Skhilled

You should uninstall it first. Then delete it.

Skhilled

beast

The logo changer don't have a uninstall. Do I just delete it?

Skhilled

You have to go to "emulate" and switch to whatever smf version it was created for first. Then you will see "uninstall". Remember the tutorial? ;)

If you don't remember what version it is then extract the files from the logochanger zip file and look in the file: "package-info.xml". That file will always tell you that. It will say something like:

Quote<install for="2.0 RC5">

You might see that multiple times in that file (with different numbers) but you'll also see a corresponding for each instance of different code:

Quote<uninstall for="2.0 RC5">

This tell the mod what version to check for and what files to install or uninstall.  O0

Try it for other mods and you'll see what I'm talking about. It is not as hard as it first seems.  ;)

Skhilled

Wait!!! Now that I've looked at package-info.xml I know why it does not work!!!

There is code in it that is not supposed to be there. Porbably a copy/paste error on the coder's part. This part of the code:
<code type="inline"><![CDATA[<?php
add_integration_function('integrate_pre_include''$sourcedir/LogoChanger.php');
add_integration_function('integrate_admin_include''$sourcedir/Subs-LogoChanger.php');
add_integration_function('integrate_admin_areas''logochanger_admin_areas');
add_integration_function('integrate_modify_modifications''logochanger_modify_modifications');
]]></code>

Should not have "<?php" in it...the opening php tag! You only use that in a .php file! And then you would need the closing tag (that is what it is) at the very end "php>". Look at and .php file and you will see those 2 at the beginning and end of EVERY .php file.

This is also in the uninstall part and both need to be removed for the mod to install AND uninstall properly. However, it is still designed for SMF 2 RC5. So, let's take it a step further...

If you want it to install/uninstall for SMF 2.0.2 this is the same file that you would need to edit for it. Be warned!!! Just because you do the following edits do not mean it will work! The edits will tell SMF that you have the correct version (in this case, 2.0.2) but due to coding changes from smf RC5 to 2.0 to 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 it may not find the proper code it was looking for. There may also be database changes since RC5 (I know there were) that may not make it work properly.

But to do it you would edit the same install and uninstall lines like this:

Change this:
<install for="2.0 RC5">

to this:
<install for="2.0 RC5", 2.0.2>

The code above will work only for RC5 and 2.0.2...not 2.0.1 or even 2.0. you must add all of them separated by commas or do the following:

<install for="2.0 RC5-2.0.2>

That will cover all version from the first numbers to the 2nd one. ;)

If you need an editor please use Notepad++:

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

When you open a file in it everything will have a color to it. When something is wrong you will see the code in black. I opened package-info.xml in Notepad++ and noticed the black code where there should be none. When the black code starts means something is wrong right before it.  :majornerd:

beast

I will have to study this for awhille before trying to do it. It will be later today before I can get back. Let me get this strait. You are saying that the code was wrong where some of the installed mods that does not have uninstall on them is wrong and if I do all of the above it will make it right? I will reread your post and study on it to try and get it right in my mind

:happy:

Skhilled

Yes, if you do what I said above it should work.

The "<?php" part is at the beginning of EVERY .php file and "?>" is at the end of EVERY .php file. The file bit of code is adding it again. That will cause it not work properly.

Doing the "install" and "uninstall" parts should make it work for smf 2.0.2. I can't promise that it will work but it will make smf recognize smf 2.0.2 and you will not have to emulate it. :)

Skhilled

I think I'm wrong about the part that is crossed out above. I just tried it and it didn't work. Maybe it is missing the ending tag... I'll try it and see.

Nope, it didn't work there is a coding error somewhere and the coder will have to fix it.  :mad: