Error's in Mod.'s

Started by Ronald, November 04, 2011, 10:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I will tell you now, that I have moved my forum back and forth to a couple of Host Servers, 3 to be exact.. I am running with SMF 2.0.1. I have some Mod.'s installed and when I want to remove them they show error's..

When checking these errors on each mod. each error shows a replacement, so if I follow these replacements, will this solve my problem and allow me to remove the mod..

Aeva Media is one of them, I can not get registered on there forum because of the French, when converting to English you still can not get registered..so any support for this mod is out..

Ron..

Skhilled

Hi Oldcrow. I've bumped up your membergroup so you have a little more freedom from posting restrictions. :)

Sometimes, removing the mods in a specific order will help get around the Test Failed that you see. Those errors are because of file permissions or most likely are due to the other mods changing the code.

When you install a mod, the mod looks for specific pieces of code in SMF and then modifies them when it finds it. The problem comes in when you install other mods that happen to use the same code and they want to modify it as well. Depending on exactly what the mod is looking for determines if it fails or not.

For instance, a mod might look for code "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" if it find it it will modify it and add its own code, let's say "1, 2, 3, 9, 4, 5". If the next mod you install looks for the same code "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" it will give a test failed because that is not the EXACT code it is looking for. The code is still there but you would have to manually add the code since the mod cannot find it.

I hope that explains it for you.

Not sure why you can't get registered with the Aeva forum but I'm sure I can help. How many mods do you have and how many are you trying to remove?

Ronald

I would like to remove Avea Media, and bridge Coppermine to the forum..

See my attachment for Registration on the Noisen forum.

Skhilled

Ronald

Skhilled

That's how I used to help people at SMF Arcade who did not speak English. It's not perfect but it works. :)