End of OpenOffice?

Started by Skhilled, August 21, 2017, 08:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Ronald

I use Open Office quite often, hope it stays afloat..

Skhilled

LibreOffice is the one to use now. Most of the people who worked on OpenOffice left it to go work on LibreOffice. It's also updated regularly.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 22, 2017, 08:53:24 AM
LibreOffice is the one to use now. Most of the people who worked on OpenOffice left it to go work on LibreOffice. It's also updated regularly.

Download a copy. Opened the program. Look very nice, I think I'll use this from now on.

Thanks for the tip.. :cheers:

Skhilled

No problem. I just found out about them maybe ending OO. I've been using it for many years.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 22, 2017, 09:13:31 AM
No problem. I just found out about them maybe ending OO. I've been using it for many years.

I have used this program for many years now, I alway liked it.. But when going over LibreOffice I like the looks of it even better..

Skhilled

They say OpenOffice has some security flaws in it so it would be best to delete it and use this. Make sure you keep any files you have and open them in LO and then save them so it may help close any flaws.

Scrubmeister

Been using Libre Office for some time now. Seems to work good?

Comes standard on Ubuntu.

Skhilled

I've tried it before but when I built this PC I never installed either one until recently. I installed OO then read the article and switched. I did have Ubuntu on a dual-boot but lost it. I'll probably install Cent OS 7 Server Edition since that is what's on my VPS.

Skhilled

I'm having problems installing any version of linux now. LOL