Windows 10 Release Date

Started by Skhilled, June 01, 2015, 09:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Windows 10 will be released on July 29th, 2015...so they say. They have pushed back releases before so we'll see...

It is free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users. If you are using Windows 8 (not 8.1) you'll need to upgrade to 8.1 now so you can get it for free when it is released. It is available for  Windows PC's and all of Windows, devices (phones, tablets, etc.) For all others, it will cost $109 for the Home version and $149 for the Professional version.

Those using Win 7 or 8.1 should be seeing a notification announcing it and asking you to reserve a copy. I saw mine this morning and reserved it. If you have not seen it yet, you should very soon. Here's a bit more info on it:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

http://time.com/3903014/microsoft-windows-10-release-date/

http://bgr.com/2015/06/01/windows-10-release-date-pricing-august-requirements-icons/

Maxx

Thanks, Steve and I'm still using thew preview without fail and I Like it very much over the 8+ and even Ver 7.....The new Browser that replaces the IE is Nice, Not sure they add more option to it though, it seem so be lacking some Dev features. But allot liter and faster! :)

All stuff can be set up just like windows & and if you have trouble finding anything a quick search will get you there. ( like the control panels) Hint Hint! but once you find these thing they basically the same set up, just hidden.

your gonna like once you except the change in the looks and feel! it a wiz :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I haven't tried the preview yet cause I've been a bit busy with Suse and MyBB.

Maxx

I think It will work Great on your Build Bro!

Not sure but your new Keyboard should be Ready for this also. So for better control!

I'm so use to the Window 10 ... don't even think much about it! use it daily on the may main machine, and will with our a doubt upgrade my other systems to it!

regards,
Naxx

Skhilled

Well, the keyboard is for the smart tv so I won't be using it unless I get my own. Still not sure which keyboard to get for me yet...

Zacharia

Reserved mine too   ;)  looking forward to see the upgrades .

Ronald

I have had the notice there for two days.. Thought maybe it was a hoax..

Is Windows 10 worth it..

Maxx

As I stated above IO like it, way better than the 8 + version, and faster than both & and 8, I was hooked on vista for along time, build heavy machines to handle the load, but this new windows is much less a resources hog than the previous version, take a bit to get use it, not much mind but there are some changes for the better of previous versions.

But on my part just be on the safe side clones my windows 7 on a secondary HDD, But looks like I may not need that clone job. all hardware and software of mind, and have allot, installed without issues. the window 10 has A better security system as far I can tell, but I still use my favorite programs with out the win security! ran it for a while with it and had no major issues ( security) that is.

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

For Kay and me it will be a mixed bag, we have two old desktops that have Win-XP on one and Vista on the other, so they stay the same. Then, our two laptops are Win 7 on hers and 8.1 on mine, plus my old laptop that is running Win 7 and they will all go to Win 10 when the final version comes out. My Win 8.1 laptop already has 10 installed and I'm liking it much better than 8.1.
The start screen is nice... way better than the 8.1 start screen, it's a mix of the Tiles and links(on the left side like the 'All Programs' of old) and this version (10074) the menu looks much better because it only covers part of the screen instead of taking the whole screen.
One 'App' that I do not like is 'OneDrive', it is very pushy and there is no uninstall, it's built into the OS.

And, can you believe it, Win 10 will be free for life?!!! (of the device) :hah:

EDIT: As this is being written my install is getting updated from Build 10122 to Build 10130 and now it wants a restart to finish the process, so this is it for now.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ronald

Between Maxx and Ken looks like I'll go for it also..

I have two desktops running windows 7, the others are sitting on shelves collecting dust bunnies..

So I have reserved copy's for each machine..

Thanks guy's for the feedback..

Ron..

Skhilled

After I clean a bit of space I may try it too...or just wait and be surprised. LOL

Maxx

Quote from: Oldcrow on June 03, 2015, 08:34:33 AM
Between Maxx and Ken looks like I'll go for it also..

I have two desktops running windows 7, the others are sitting on shelves collecting dust bunnies..

So I have reserved copy's for each machine..

Thanks guy's for the feedback..

Ron..

On your older machines, it may be possible to Run wind 10, ( you need to pay though) but windows 10 is designed to use less resources then the previous ones. you will need to check the requirements against your machine.

maxx

Zacharia

Skhilled

Best to check the hardware requirements and make sure your machine meets those first...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-specifications

Ken.

Had all three of our laptops running build 10130, but my older laptop kept throwing BSOD's so after trying a lot of different fixes posted around the internet I finally gave in and reinstalled Win 7.  :groan:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti