SMF Arcade Hacked...

Started by Skhilled, December 13, 2011, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Can't even get into cPanel to do anything. Well, I can get in but it's all screwed up. MonteCarlo Hosting's server may have been hacked.

I have not talked to fwitt or Niko so I do not know what is going on, atm...

fwitt

I've been offline so this is the first I have heard of it.

It appears to be all of Nikos Sites that have been hacked (but then they are so closely linked they are practically the same).

fwitt

about 4000 websites listed as being hacked by this person in the last 24 hours, I think we can rule out personal attention.

Skhilled

Yes, I googled them yesterday. Pretty busy group.

All of Niko's sites run on the same db with the multisite mod. :P

Ronald

Is not any fun being hacked.. Makes you feel like you have been violated by someone..

I lost a complete forum one year to a hacker..

fwitt

had a look in Cpanel yesterday all the file tree is intact and all the files I checked are as they should be.

CPanel itself does not look right was navigating mostly by guesswork.

So far I haven't found where the hackers string is, every file I have checked has the correct code and is in the correct place.

Skhilled

Looks like everything is back up and running. No telling where the hack is and could have been via any other the sites. Seems a backup was restored yesterday and cPanel is looking good again.

Skhilled

and it's hacked, yet again...

fwitt

CPanel username password that I have for SMF Arcade no longer work, nothing I can do about it.

Skhilled

I tried via FTP as soon as I saw it but pass was changed.

You have to contact Niko or Christian at MonteCarlo Hosting.

Maxx

If you have FTP access you can upload backup copy of the settings. php, this should get you back in the DB and all!

if kept a back up of all files???

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

Sorry too little too late LOL. Don't know if you have a way in the mYSql. admin?

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Besides, it appears that all of MonteCarlo Hosting is down.

http://www.montecarlohosting.net/

Maxx

Hopefully they have a back up plan! lol..if so u may have some luck getting in the FTP!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I'm sure they do but wouldn't be surprised if the didn't. Christian is a very arrogant man. Passwords may have to be reset if the hosting itself was hacked. Hopefully, the hackers did not get personal info, etc.