Main Menu

UB40 -

Started by Maxx, May 02, 2015, 02:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

When this song first came and hit the Radio, it did not do so well, then !0 years later, people started playing on the Jute Boxes and before you know it took off like rocket! I worked at an FM Rock Station at this time!
Red Red Wine.. does not work with Linux :)

The Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute June 11, 1988 at Wembley Stadium

http://www.buildandtell.com/index.php/topic,3682.html

Maxx

Skhilled

Quote from: Maxx on May 02, 2015, 02:37:35 PM
Red Red Wine.. does not work with Linux :)

LMAO! Now, that you've mentioned it I need to add that to Suse...

Maxx

I got to give SUSE A try again another day busy with junk I'm doing, I use to post how tos for Ubuntu and Linux... Do you think you may start something like later here. I'm Doing too many things att!

OH & BTW GIMP is really cool now days, better than paying big bucks for the PS Stuff!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Actually, I was thinking about creating a new category just for linux earlier today. Then we can have separate subcats to keep things separated. ;) I will probably do that today sometime.

Maxx

Cool!

Got to run, CYL..

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Maxx

Say Bro... I was so Tired of news, I did hear until now that BB King past away Yesterday. I'll have to look it up man what great Guy he was R.I.P. what a lost what influence He had on so Many!
I hear last that he was sick, and kinda forgot about it I'm so Sad!
regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I heard he was in hospice at home and that usually means there no more they can do for him. His daughter said he wasn't eating either. But that was the last I heard. I had no idea he had died until now...

EDIT: Reports still say he is in hospice care at home...

Maxx

Well I hope I'm wrong , Someone told me they Heard on the news> I need to check, !

Skhilled

Well, like I said, hospice usually means not far from it...

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Thanks Ken very sorry for Both and BB King's Daughter said He was being abused, in one report I read, that he was 88years, Not sure the stories they tell. But even though, I will miss watching Him Play I never forget, Stand By Me. BB King Is the real deal. His is a great incineration to many of today's artist.
Just Hope He is not suffering!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Ah! That I didn't know...thanks, Ken.

Ken.

He's started off with the Drifters then went single... 'Stand by Me' was huge for him.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Yes Ken We grew up with these nice tunes and they do bring memories, when I was young I worked at 3 Movie theaters, 2 in door in the city and One Out door or Drive in, and there they, played some great music. Not to mention the radios. got paid around 60 cents and hour I think, and worked my tail off. I did anything I could tp buy cloths to go to school!

Great time though!

regards,
Maxx