Officially Old!

Started by Skhilled, August 26, 2015, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I went to the doc's today about my blood pressure. He had put me on old medication a few weeks ago. The problem with it is that it makes me retain water and blow up...especially around me ankles and legs. So, he told me to help with it I need to get some compression stockings...you know like the old people wear.

So now I'm officially one of them!  :ohmy2: :signold:

Maxx

Nah.. the rest are just too darn Young! :) get better Bro!

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

Well, another way to look at it... fighter pilots have to wear compression gear, so if you start hanging out with them you'll fit right in.  ;D
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Ronald

Good luck with that, those socks are too tight, will start hurting your legs later on.

Ask the Doctor for a 'water pill' this will take the swelling downing and make you pee more.. Us old folks take this pill.. :taz:

Skhilled

Yeah, I already take the water pill but I also stand and walk a lot will at work and work overtime. The doc said it should help with all of the walking I do. So, I'll have to give it a shot and see...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 27, 2015, 09:18:06 AM
Yeah, I already take the water pill but I also stand and walk a lot will at work and work overtime. The doc said it should help with all of the walking I do. So, I'll have to give it a shot and see...

Good luck with the socks..

I remember three yeara ago when I had a hip replacement, I had to wear those but they went all the way up, oh they were irritating..

Skhilled

I assume they would be. My legs already feel tight when they swell up. So, those would be worse.

But They changed my medication yesterday so I'll have to give that a chance to see what happens first.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 27, 2015, 09:31:35 AM
I assume they would be. My legs already feel tight when they swell up. So, those would be worse.

But They changed my medication yesterday so I'll have to give that a chance to see what happens first.

Ever think about clogged arteries..Legs get swollen and painful when standing or walking..

Skhilled

Yes, been tested for that and I'm all good there. It's just that the meds are making my legs swell. So, yesterday while I was at the Dr's. he dropped one one my meds. I'll have to give it a couple of weeks to see if there are any changes to the swelling.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 27, 2015, 09:39:04 AM
Yes, been tested for that and I'm all good there. It's just that the meds are making my legs swell. So, yesterday while I was at the Dr's. he dropped one one my meds. I'll have to give it a couple of weeks to see if there are any changes to the swelling.

Has to be a reason you are retaining water..

Good to hear no artery problems.. My neighbour next door is going through hell, triple by pass and still having problems..

Skhilled

The medication is why. The strength of the meds vs. the strength of the water pills... The water pills are not strong enough. But if you take too many water pills they damage your kidneys. This is what they are trying to prevents. They are keeping a close watch on my kidneys to prevent damage to them.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 27, 2015, 09:55:51 AM
The medication is why. The strength of the meds vs. the strength of the water pills... The water pills are not strong enough. But if you take too many water pills they damage your kidneys. This is what they are trying to prevents. They are keeping a close watch on my kidneys to prevent damage to them.

My wife's kidney are failing, she has gone to all kinds of Doctors for this, now they found a spot on one of the kidney's and suspect cancer, but because of her age, will do nothing..

Skhilled

Well, I do wish her the best and will pray for her.

They are keeping a close eye on my kidneys. I go for blood testing every so often. But what can I do? I need the BP meds but also need the water pills because of the BP meds. :P

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 27, 2015, 10:43:08 AM
Well, I do wish her the best and will pray for her.

They are keeping a close eye on my kidneys. I go for blood testing every so often. But what can I do? I need the BP meds but also need the water pills because of the BP meds. :P

Blood Pressure pills always do this, they go hand in hand.. I take them both..