Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Ok! I was going to work on my downloading and uploading. I have look on SMF and I can not find a   SMF Arcade skin 2.5 RC2   does anyone have a suggestion ?

:banghead: :pullhair:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

The skin is an arcade hack and is only found on smf arcade in the Hacks board. The skin is outdated but others say you can emulate it.

* Link removed...no longer valid.

Hmmm, Underdog might have an updated version of it on his site.

nvm, I just checked and he doesn't.

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 26, 2012, 08:31:53 AM
The skin is an arcade hack and is only found on smf arcade in the Hacks board. The skin is outdated but others say you can emulate it.

* Link removed...no longer valid.

Hmmm, Underdog might have an updated version of it on his site.

nvm, I just checked and he doesn't.

You lost me. I don't really want to get into my database till I learn more. I was hoping there was a mod for it. I also haven't learn how, or what, emulate is yet. I'm a real dummy on all this. BUT! I'm learning and it won't be to long I might be able to help others. If God helps me engage my little brain lol

Skhilled

Emulation does not require you to mess with the database at all.  ;)

Here's a tutorial I just made especially for you:

How To Emulate An Outdated Mod

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 27, 2012, 04:01:28 AM
Emulation does not require you to mess with the database at all.  ;)

Here's a tutorial I just made especially for you:

How To Emulate An Outdated Mod

It comes up blank. Theres nothing there

:dontknow:

Skhilled

My bad, permissions.  :blush: You should be able to see it now. :)

beast

That makes it so simple. I will work with it this afternoon when I get back. Thank you

:happy:

Skhilled

beast

When you installed arcade 2.5 did you have to emulate it to get it to install on my test site?

HEY! I downloaded it from your site here and I got it in a zip folder instead a blank page  :hah: ;D Now, I can install it.

:D

beast

Also, can you make a topic for just all diff kinds of things that one needs answers on?

Like I got rid of forest Green theme and now I can't get my logo changer to work. How can I get it to work?

Skhilled

Quote from: beast on January 28, 2012, 07:55:31 AM

When you installed arcade 2.5 did you have to emulate it to get it to install on my test site?

No, I edited it so it will work specifically for SMF 2.0.2. ;)

Quote from: beast on January 28, 2012, 08:05:20 AM
Also, can you make a topic for just all diff kinds of things that one needs answers on?

Like I got rid of forest Green theme and now I can't get my logo changer to work. How can I get it to work?

Which site? What you'll probably need to do is go to "Themes and Layout" then "Themes Settings". At the bottom of the page click on "Attempt to reset all themes". That will probably fix it. You may also have to clear your SMF cache...in Forum Maintenance.

beast

Hmmmm, It still don't work. Can you take a fast looksee ?

Skhilled

beast

Skhilled

It had me confused at first. LOL

Did you notice the error it was giving you? That the theme must be selectable? Well, you deselected the default theme so users cannot select it. See the attached images.