Installing Ubuntu on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Started by Ken., April 11, 2015, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Ah well... looks like I need to take a pass on the dual-boot thing for now. 

After several tries it was apparent that the current release was not going to work so I tried an older version of Ubuntu and it didn't turn out any better.
So, I'm in the process of doing another 'factory reset' on my laptop because the system got trashed again.   :oops:
So, that's it for now.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Sorry It did not work Out Ken!

I'm going back working op theme again and updating some websites! Busy hands.... You know!

Also tell Steve I'm testing the Windows 10 for some time now and looks good, much better than the 8.1, But you never know what the final will be. It also looks like those who have 7, 8 maybe in for a free upgrade but not positive :)

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

A free upgrade would be great, but me not gonna hold my breath!  :rofl1:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Ken,

I lost the link I sent to Steve, but they are sure talking about doing it,  if I find more I'll let know, But so many were disappointed with ver 8+, so it could happen and the Win 10 ver I'm using is work great and is good until 10/15/15

you can down load the saame here :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso-update-1503
they key is there also Bro!

doing a fresh install anyway:)

Maxx

Ken.

Thanks for the link Maxx, gonna give it a try.

Maxx

yes I think you will like it once you get a handle on it, during the install it real tests you system hardware good, the graphic and all.

they will give you a 2 week notice before it expires.

regards and Good Morning !

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Ken.

Thanks for that link Steve.
I've gone through this kind of process back when I joined the beta trial for XP, so I know that you can smash up a PC very easily when running a beta.  :ohmy2:

Skhilled

My concern is the lack of confidence they seem to have about reverting back to your old version. LOL

Maxx

I'm not sure if I posted it here , but I have a clone my windows & and my stuff on the secondary HDD ..this way I need to copy and paste and  new docs and downloads and such to the secondary drive then, just back after win 10 expires or just switch to that drive either way, I think you do the same with external !

Ken is doing a fresh install anyway so why not give it a try!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Can you dual-boot with it or you just need to swap drives?

Maxx

I set the bios to bring up the drive I want, I like it better that way. But I tried going back to & a while back and it worked off of the clone disk with the same Lic Key Hopefully they give a free upgrade when they done, and you caan as always send feed back to them on the 10!

Is better on this Version, if you can't find say the device manager,t search!

It works real smooth for me.)

Skhilled

Got it...I do need another drive...already got 3. A 1 tb, a 150gb, and a 500gb. The 500 gb was used for storage. I can reformat the 150 and use that. That was the one I was having problems with and decided to build the new pc.

Maxx

I real think, after the little dismay, you guys will like the 10 all Browsers and software I have works great,

But lately I've been having issue with FF and Flash, but I feel it s a FF issues, not the OS.

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

FF has been acting up a bit for me too lately on Win 8.1...