Windows 10 - update your driver first

Started by Maxx, July 28, 2015, 07:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Please Visit Your Computer's support site and download, their auto detect app, and update your driver before you in stall Windows 10, it may just save you lots of trouble!

I did My Dell and it kinda new so, there you go >> My Network wireless driver was not comparable! :(

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Ronald

I clicked on the emblem and it told me my Dell was compatible for win.10

Skhilled

I can finally see my notification for Win 10 and can download it but they say it's not quite ready because of something they need from one of their partners and I should wait until it's completed first. I assume an updated driver. So, I'll wait.

I may wait until they do something about WiFi Sense...

Maxx

Maxx

Wait Just check same thing on mine Its AMD Quad, It may be that and ASUS :)

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

OK I install the Widows 10 and it  all went well... how ever at this time the ASUS drivers are supported By Windows 10,

But it work great other wise, no issues yet, the drivers must wait I could visit ASUS to get more details!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Keep us posted. That is probably why I'm still waiting.

Maxx

Installed OK , but displays error form ASUS driver ( Compatibility and the Computer will not shut down properly, Have to shut manually, You got back form the Docs so may take time to check out and giver more datils, but hold of for now on ASUS type mother boards.

regards,
Maxx

Chen Zhen

Please read documentation regarding privacy settings for Windows 10.
It has been reported that Microsoft's default setup of Windows 10 is very intrusive and even enables its own key logger.
Here are some youtube examples regarding its privacy settings:

Regards.

Maxx

Thanks for the videos, makes it easier.. 4 the users!!!
I did post about this early on.  and did mine a while back and sent a report and suggests to MS Windows Insider Yesterday. on their default settings, with my recommendations!

We are always on the look out here for this things, and everything posted and report is a help!

I'm sure we will hear lots of things in the cumming months, about the new windows as always! and we need to beware and on our toes for those who, will try to hack and attack the system!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Chen Zhen

Just a note for drivers..

You can copy your System32 & SysWOW64 folders onto a usb stick or external drive and install the needed drivers from there after the update. You will have to use the external folder/source option.

Ken.

Thanks for the videos UnderDog, they are very helpful.  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled