stnhosting.com

Started by Grumpy, June 28, 2007, 09:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy

What is this? No it really isn't an advertisement... I purchased a "reseller" hosting package... Why ? Well I always have a bunch of test sites and the like and figured that it would be nice if I could keep everything all in one place. Also I wanted to learn more about it. I need a forum signature and a header logo although I am not immediately sure on sizing.
I just want to try everything out to see what I can do. The bonus for this is I am going to offer free hosting to TP people that want / need it and friends as well. I am not looking at payment for service; basically bring a url and test it out to see what happens. What size do you think would be sensible for an account? Disk space databases, bandwidth?
Hope this ok Skhilled to post here and I also sent you a pm at my site. If not, delete it...  ;D

Skhilled

No problem! I should've made a "Showcase" board for such things, tho.

BTW, how does the "Installing SMF" tut look?

Grumpy

Looks good. No typo's clear and concise.

Skhilled

Grumpy

Sure... Now I have to figure out my reseller stuff. Should be interesting...  ::)

What would be a good package for free? Something, say, for SMF / TP installations or a modest site?

Need some type of logo too... Anyone interested in helping with that?

Skhilled

500mb or less should work well.

Lesmond

I'll have a go for you Grumpy, what do you want on it(words), do want light or dark? and also what size

Grumpy

Well Lesmond I am not sure. STN Hosting in some type logo I was thinking about using the TP Net Biz theme. I am a ways off on it because I haven't got the address to resolve yet. I am so noobish in this stuff it will probably take me a week to figure it out anyway... ???

Lesmond

Grumpy

Yea, something like that is fine, thanks.  ;) Now I cannot get the host to answer why the address hasn't propagated... Might rethink using them as they were a bit cheaper but you get what you pay for... :-\

Lesmond

umm I just checked stnhosting.com on a domain checker, and it say its still available   ???

Grumpy

Yea, I am just going to get it out right incase this host doesn't pan out. They were supposed to handle it but it has been 2 days so I just froze their payment until I get some answers.  :-\

Lesmond

Do you mind if I ask the name of the hosting company?

Grumpy

Webhostingbuzz.com

I have used them before because they are cheap but they take forever to get real support...

Skhilled

Propagation can take up to 72 hours, I think. In most cases, it doesn't.

I took a look at them. They oversell big time!