Site Updates

Started by Skhilled, January 28, 2012, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Sorry underdog, the hacking thing, is what I picked up on, gossip spreads like wildfire..Sorry if I cause any hardship..

Ron..

Chen Zhen

Another thing missing from SP is any avatar a user uploaded.
The files are still there but the members table column of avatar is void of local file upload values.
Anyone with an avatar that is external or from the forum avatar folder is still configured but for some unknown reason uploaded avatar specifics are gone.
I looked back at older db backups and they have the same issue.
These are the control panel backups & not phpmyadmin manual ones so I can only assume there is/was a bug in the control panel's code to backup the database.
Perhaps some character value in that column for local uploads that caused it to skip the value altogether (just a guess).
I will have to investigate further to figure it out but for now when SP comes back online, anyone whom uploaded an avatar will have to upload a new one.

Skhilled

Interesting, I'll make sure to do backups from phpmyadmin. I usually do, but sometimes I do cPanel backups. Do you know what version of cPanel is was cause they just had two upgrades recently. I can give you access to my VPS and you can test them there is needed.

Chen Zhen

Sinan just informed me that uploaded avatar paths are stored in the attachments table.
Therefore the data and files are there but not working for the moment.
This is something I will have to figure out prior to bringing SP back online.

Skhilled

SMF has had issues before with avatars...

Skhilled

I've updated:

SMF Arcade
Battle
Downloads System

I've removed:

Avea Media

I've installed:

Users Online Today
Christmas theme

If something isn't working properly, please let me know.

Skhilled

Membergroup badges added to the Christmas theme and fixed the login session issue.

Skhilled

Fixed a few theme issues, upgraded the arcade to v2.55, and reordered the Xmas smileys.

Skhilled

I been having issues with mirror sites due to an incorrectly configured DNS. This should all be better now. :)

Skhilled

Sorry, everyone! Had server issues. :(

But we are back! YEAH!

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 08, 2018, 03:06:46 PM
Sorry, everyone! Had server issues. :(

But we are back! YEAH!

Bout time, naughty fingers can do damage..

Skhilled

LOL, we were installing billing/support software and it didn't want to play nice. Then for some reason the backups didn't want to restore to the same vps after trying a few times. So, we have to create a new one and use that. Long weekend! LOL

Skhilled

Sorry, everyone! I just realized the download for the arcade was broken somehow. This is now fixed.

Ronald

Thanks Steve, all is well now.  :whistle:

Skhilled

Within the next week or so I'll be redoing this site. It has a few problems, mostly from a buildup of many files and folders over the years from moving from hosting to hosting. I've always done a full backup and I guess it took along all of their files each time.

I'm pretty sure some are outdated and may be causing conflicts. This is probably also why I had the problem with the double sites. LOL I'll update the mods as well. :)