Installing Ubuntu on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Started by Ken., April 11, 2015, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

BTW Just in case, my secondary drive get dsfrag'd and scanned at the same time, so it takes a bit longer, but the way I have it, it's less chance I'll screw up, the back up clone, they both are 1 TB in size! and if I want to move things to it, I can copy and paste them,. this way when I clone back again I have all things I have or need to save!  this is mainly for your visitors info! :)

every month or so, I go in the Bios and boot up from the secondary to test things out and verify as well!

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

I am thinking about buying another 1 or 2 TB HD later today. I need a 4 port USB hub too.

Maxx

I'm leery about the !1 TB, don't think I'll trust a 2TB, or higher till there out there at work for a while, Just image=ine how many eggs you could put on that drive.

I don't think I have needed much more than 500 GB of back! and even allot that is junk. I have to Externals one 250GB 2.5 and a 500GB 3.5 both have been good and work for more then 5 years now. and now with the !TB secondary.

You must have allot of Pictures my friend! :) some of bigger HDD's if you bump them a little hard they will stop working, There one case on S gate, 500in the case that tipped over on the carpet and screwed it up.

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

The one I bought for this PC is a 1tb that you even said was good in the post about my rig! Just thinking about getting a 2nd one. The next one I'll probably partition in half. 1 partition for storage and one for linux, etc.

Maxx

I know It's working great, But just sure about a 2TB drive! And the ones we have are Western Digital the best in my book! Does your run quite?

I have 2ea, 1TB installed one machine, the other are back up external... something like storage locker :) and for transferring stuff! ( the 2.5" 250GB is real handy and can carry it anywhere, if need be).

I'll be back later!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yes, so far no problems at all and I've downloaded the tools from the support site...just in case something goes wrong.

Ken.

I'm looking for something a little smaller (cheaper), like this one.

As it happens I have a $40 gift card left over from Christmas, so the one above would work nicely.  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

What I'm concerned about what happens when we get over 500 GB of stuff on the drive's ? will they slow down, and thing like that?

This some only time will tell, You Know!

Maybe for you It might be good to keep all you photos on an external drive, that you can just plug in a usb and keep them organized in folders, like file cabinet :)

I may start doing the same with all the old graphics stuff and pictures I have, this way it takes some stress off the main drives.

Not sure if you noticed but the good smaller drives costs the same or more than the big ones do, makes one think!

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

Quote from: Ken. on April 17, 2015, 01:40:30 PM
I'm looking for something a little smaller (cheaper), like this one.

As it happens I have a $40 gift card left over from Christmas, so the one above would work nicely.  :cool2:

Ken I have something like that for and external back up. IF Toshiba, it should be pretty good! :)

but the don't show many specs on it!

Maxx

Skhilled

I was just at Best Buy and was going to get another WD Black but they only had Blue and Green. I guess I'll need to order it online.

Skhilled

Yes, that's the same drive and same place I got the other one (same link in the "Steve's Rig" topic). Since I was out earlier I thought I could just buy one at the store and install it tonight. I didn't want to wait for it to be delivered but guess I must wait. LOL

Maxx

Cool Cause I think it's good price and the same i Got!

I Check and walmart did not have it, red and blue..Just FYI for the guest, it has to do with the specs one the "BLack" is much better!