First Post First

Started by beast, October 18, 2012, 07:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I never payed that much attencen to it, but my site is backward. The last post should be first. Mines diff. I've look and can't find it but I know their is a place to change it. Can ya help me out here

also, if you would turn on spelling it would really help me

:dontknow:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

1.  For the posts, look in your profile, Look and Layout settings. Uncheck "Show most recent posts at the top."

2.  For Spell Checking, Admin -> Forum -> Post and Topics -> Post Settings. Check "Enable spell checking". But your hosting must have the correct php library for it, aspell or pspell (I forget which is current) installed or it will not work.

beast

Do I have to do this to all of the themes?

:dontknow:

beast

Ok It works on all of them. Thank you

:happy:

Skhilled

No cause it is not in theme settings. The setting will work on all themes the same way. You cannot have one theme do it one way and another theme a different way.

TinMan

Quote from: beast on October 18, 2012, 08:29:35 AM

Ok It works on all of them. Thank you

By changing it in your profile -> Look and Layout, it will only change it for you.

When I look at your site, it shows me the newest posts first (instead of the oldest like this site). I'm not sure if thats the way you want it for everyone by default.  If not you can set up the default member options in admin...
Themes and Layout -> Member Options, then click "Configure guest and new user options for this theme" ("Change current options for all members using this theme" if you want to reset people already registered) on the theme(s) you want it set on.  Then just uncheck "Show most recent personal messages at top." if you want the posts displayed oldest to newest.  :)

beast

I changed it where it shows the last post first. I like it like that and I don't have to go thru all the post getting to it

TinMan

Quote from: beast on October 18, 2012, 11:22:05 AM

I changed it where it shows the last post first. I like it like that and I don't have to go thru all the post getting to it

Thats cool, I can understand using it either way :happy:

Edit: Also I may have misunderstood your original post as you may have been asking how to make the last post first on this site and asking if Skhilled would enable spell checking here. :P

Skhilled

Beast was asking for his forum and how it looks to him. I didn't bother telling him about Member Options in case some of his users wanted it the way it was. I am an admin there and have seen no complaints about it except for one person and I told her the same thing. I assumed the others wanted it that way.

But yes, in Member Options, whatever you set in there will be set for everyone when they visit the forum. But they can still change it in their profile. :)