New Themes

Started by beast, October 02, 2012, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I have a few questions on the new themes you have been testing. If you can let me know when you can be able to help here or on my site please let me know

:baghead:

Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

beast

I'm trying to work on it. I not getting any where soon but I am learning a little about code and how to read some of it

:baghead:

Skhilled

Most code is commented in smf and themes. So even if you are not sure about what to do you can find similar parts and at least get pretty close to what you want. If the code is different then you might just have to play with it until you get it right.

Use Notepad++ to search for commented parts. open the same file for smf's curve and the same one on the theme you are working on. For instance, if you know the code should go in index.template.php the open curve's and the theme in question files both on Notepad++. You can easily search them both and also compare the differences. ;)

beast

Ok, let me get this right. I know that the theme curve is right and it works. So! I copy and paste it too notepad ++. Then I take the theme in question and do the same to it? Then I can work on it from there?  :dontknow:

:pullhair:

Skhilled

Yes, but you do not have to copy and paste. Right click on the file you want whether it is on your hd or the server. Yes, you can edit files on the server, just open filezilla and right click on the file and choose "edit". It will open it in Notepad++ for you. Keep Filezilla open until you are done with it all.

When you save the file it will save the hd one to the same file on your hd. After you save a server file, go to Filezilla and it will ask you if you want to update the file, choose yes and it will.

If it does not work right re-edit the file and save again and then check filezilla again. After each time you check filezilla to update it, refresh your browser and check to see if it worked.

Just remember to make a backup of the server file first.

beast

That should make it a lot easy'er. Thank you, I will work with it and let you know

:pullhair: