Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000

Started by Skhilled, May 25, 2015, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I bought this keyboard/mouse combo to go with Lealer's new Smart TV for her b-day yesterday. It looks nice and she loves it. I'll hook it up to this PC and give it a try to see how well it works soon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S4OTS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ronald

Nice I have one in use, not wireless though.. Same thing only wired, I like it..

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Very nice Doc... What I did is I bought 24 Rechargeable batter and a Batter charge at Walmart ,I think Cost is around 40 bucks, but with all the remote s and all that use AAA batters its' gonna paid for it's self many times over and work real will, I have Heart BP monitor and O2 monitor that also uses these batteries, and that mouse eat aaa's like candy.

Also great for have emergency batteries for my LED lanterns (crank up) for batteries die! AA Batteries! with built in charger!

Note the charger does both AA and AAA batteries!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I have one of those with AA and AAA's as well. But I may not need them for this. It says the batteries should last about 3 years with normal use. I'll probably get another one after that time. LOL

Skhilled

I'm using it now. Actually, it's very nice! I think the software needs a test or demo. For instance, if you go to the settings and change the mouse wheel scroll speed there's no way of knowing how it is affected until you use another program...like scrolling on a webpage. Logitech does have this feature...

The mouse works well but it a tad heavy in weight. I do like how the scroll wheel does not click and is very smooth. People who like to set scrolling by lines may not like this. It does it by pixels so you get a much smoother scroll and can more accurately pinpoint where you which to stop scrolling.

One feature that I've just read about (and do not like) is the USB receiver is longer than most receivers. It appears to be made out of cheap plastic and can break more easily. The biggest issue is that if you do break it you cannot buy a replacement receiver!!!

You must buy a new set.  :censored: Yes, a new keyboard and mouse combo! If I would have read that part first I probably would have never bought it...

Maxx

I Glad you like Bro..I've purchased Microsoft combos in the past, what kinda battery does it use for the mouse and on the reviver I always put them in the back of the PC tower, so no one hits it by accident :) the one for my Logitech is almost flush on the front so I'll leave it there. I always find some thing I don't like about many of theme though, but what a the hey. the touch pad on mine is good for me me cause I got issues with using the mouse , my wrist is hurt bad from old bones :) I also had a flat HP type, but it only lasted a few years :(

But the price you paid sound good and, not sure but maybe I'll search for some kind of work around for your reciever> Don't know!

Oh BTW I scroll , by clicking and holding down the side browser right side scroll/tool bar much faster and easy!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yeah, I'm used to the low-profile receivers too. But it really bugs me that they will not replace them when everybody else does...not even for a fee. Makes you wonder if something shady is going on with the hardware/software...