Google Fonts

Started by Maxx, May 04, 2015, 05:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

I found while doing themes, that Google fonts come in handy, so here is link to the Fonts they have... So you use them in you theme or webpage, they can fetched directly from Google when your page loads, many great fonts and they can called upon in your meta information,in your page head sect like so:
EXAMPLE one type font!
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Almendra&amp;subset=latin" />

Link to Google fonts site is: here >>

Of course you need to place font/s name in your CSS where ever needed!
But this way you need not buy, or upload the fonts to your server or host root!

any questions feel free!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

So there are only read from the google.com site and you cannot download them for use? I'm not sure if I like that or not. If there are problems with the google site then you'll have problems too. Personally, I'm not one for external linking like that because of the potential problems you may have if the linked site has problems.

The fonts do look nice, tho. :)

Maxx

LOL if they go down , it will pick your next in line font from the css font-family: list, but never heard of anyone losing Google fonts and, it also the now trend. I'll try to post more on this in a bit!

I've been using them for over a year now, no issues!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Maybe, it's because I did something like that before some year sago and every time the host site had problems so did I. LOL