Steve's Rig 2015

Started by Skhilled, March 01, 2015, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

BTW, this new case can use up to 12 fans! So, unless I install them the wrong way I shouldn't have any cooling problems. LOL

Got the case yesterday and everything seems to be included. It does seem a tad flimsy. Especially, the way the door screws do in. More plastic than the metal I'm used to. It is toolless except for a few screws needed for the initial install. After that dvd's and drives slide in and out without any tools. And there's even a cutout for easy removel/changing of your CPU or water cooler!

Now I only need Windows and a PSU. However, I may use my old PSU just to get the things up and going. LOL

EDIT: Took another good look at the case. I like it but the trays for the drives are flimsy plastic but should work. They should also be less niosy than metal ones. We'll see and I should be bale to get more sturdy ones from somewhere if needed. I love the way you can route and hide the cabling! It also comes with black cable ties, etc. to help hide them and keep them tidy.  :cool2:

Maxx

Yes they don't make the cases like they use to!

My AMD quad 2.9 GB ASUS is in a heavy case and the Intel quad 3.2  is is in a cheap case but sturdy steel. But for this ole fart the small case is easier to work with, small board Gigabyte both are for HG and HDMI on board and I gig video cards.

Using 4GB of memory on both and I run many programs at once. The only issue seem to be the FF takes allot of resources, But it's still my fav>! safer than the others!

I clean out the system ( flush ) out every week end! :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Bumping the memory up to 8gb should help a bit. ;)

Ken.

The case should be OK because once assembled it will rarely move, except for any case or card fans and some hard drives.
Engineering designs have evolved over the years too the point where the individual parts of a structure may be light weight or flimsy, but once everything is assembled it stiffens up and becomes more structurally sound.

Case in point, some motorcycle designs call for the engine to be part of the frame assembly instead of just sitting in the frame... and, speaking of motorcycles, I needs to get one and start riding again.  :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

I totally agree on the cases, and they much easier to work with. On memory I was not complaining , I guess was trying to hint you may not need 8gb at first, the newer windows runs allot better than the Vista, That was A hog on resources.
Actually I had 8GB and took some out, once the video card freed up some. Mine are working just fine with 4GB. :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Quote from: Ken. on March 25, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
The case should be OK because once assembled it will rarely move, except for any case or card fans and some hard drives.
Engineering designs have evolved over the years too the point where the individual parts of a structure may be light weight or flimsy, but once everything is assembled it stiffens up and becomes more structurally sound.
Well ,it does have good reviews so I'll try it and see. If I nee to make any "enhancements" I'll deal with it later.

Quote from: Ken. on March 25, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
Case in point, some motorcycle designs call for the engine to be part of the frame assembly instead of just sitting in the frame... and, speaking of motorcycles, I needs to get one and start riding again.  :hah:
The problem is...will Kay let you?  :rofl1:

Quote from: Maxx on March 25, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
I totally agree on the cases, and they much easier to work with. On memory I was not complaining , I guess was trying to hint you may not need 8gb at first, the newer windows runs allot better than the Vista, That was A hog on resources.
Actually I had 8GB and took some out, once the video card freed up some. Mine are working just fine with 4GB. :)

regards,
Maxx

I already got 8gb...2 sticks 4 each for it. I currently have 4gb on my current one. I plan to do a lot of things with this so I may need more than 8 in the furute...

Skhilled

Power supply, Win 8.1 and Thermal Paste ordered and will be here tomorrow guaranteed! :)

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on March 26, 2015, 10:16:19 AM
The problem is...will Kay let you?  :rofl1:

She sez... NO!  :brat:

Her reasoning, she thinks that our age our reflexes are no longer up to the task.  :(
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Well, take some viagara and show her you are up to the task!  :hah:

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on March 27, 2015, 09:40:45 PM
Well, take some viagara and show her you are up to the task!  :hah:

Different task Steve... different task.  :whistle:

Skhilled

But it should help with reflexes...I would think.  :rofl1:

And if the motorcycle thing doesn't work out, at least she'll be a happy camper. ;)

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on March 28, 2015, 06:21:17 AM
But it should help with reflexes...I would think.  :rofl1:

And if the motorcycle thing doesn't work out, at least she'll be a happy camper. ;)

:whistle:

Skhilled

Just try it and let us know of the results.  :rofl1:

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on March 28, 2015, 06:36:17 AM
Just try it and let us know of the results.  :rofl1:

Err... no.  :hah:

Skhilled

Crap! I forgot to order the anti-static wrist band.  :baghead:

Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components Black, Yellow

It will arrive tomorrow...  :whistle: