Having trouble installing smf arcade

Started by Anastaise, June 28, 2012, 07:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastaise

I tried to install the smf arcade SMF_Arcade-2.5_RC2.zip and SMF_Arcade_2.5_RC1.1D_Unofficial.zip.  I tried first the unofficial version and then the 2.5_rc2.zip using the package manager in smf forum vs. 2.0.2.  Both times I got a 500 error and it tanked the forum.  For some reason it is changing the permissions to my serverside files and tanking my forums.  I had to go into filezilla each time and reset the file attributes by recursing all the subdirectories & files.  Is there a way to install this mod without it causing this problem.  I really want to get this arcade set up on my forum, but can't get it to install because of this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Anastaise

I figured it out - had to hit install mod - go to ftp and reset permissions - then go back to forum and hit install.

Skhilled

Hi Anastaise and welcome to Docskillz! :)

On some servers, installing mods through smf will do that for some unknown reason. On other servers, there are no problems. It does the same on my server (changes the permissions) but causes no problems. The last server I was on would give me a 500 error when certain files had their permissions changed, like index.php.