SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2

Started by beast, January 19, 2012, 09:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I went to the link of underdog and downloaded it and tried to install.  It told me.   The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.   :groan:

I don't know whats wrong. I've tried ever thing  :dontknow:

:dontknow: :dontknow: 
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

The link of Underdog???

The link I gave you is for this site's downloads...

Are you doing this on your live site or the test site?

beast

I have tried this site and the one for underdogs and Nekos All I get when I download them is a blank folder

Skhilled

Then something may be wrong with your browser or PC. What browser are you using? Try a different one...

beast

I'm using FF. It downloaded the other mods alright. When you get time, if you could walk me thru how you do it. I might see what I'm doing wrong

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Skhilled

Did you uninstall the old one first? You might also have to delete the old one in /Packages from the server too. But you should not be getting that error. Are you installing it on the test site?

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 20, 2012, 07:38:17 AM
Did you uninstall the old one first? You might also have to delete the old one in /Packages from the server too. But you should not be getting that error. Are you installing it on the test site?

The one you had installed on the test site that I couldn't. I messed it up on trying to down load games. I went into FZ and deleted them and maybe delete to much. I don't know. But before all this happen, I couldn't install the arcade. I want to beable to do it where I can up date my home site. Any help you can give me will help. I've been working on this for 3 or 4 days and can't get it right

Skhilled

I'll pop over and take a look at the test site in a minute. Gotta put my corned beef in the slow cooker.

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 20, 2012, 07:53:58 AM
I'll pop over and take a look at the test site in a minute. Gotta put my corned beef in the slow cooker.

Can I have some?  :cooking:

Skhilled

Sure! LOL btw, what did you actually delete?

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on January 20, 2012, 08:13:06 AM
Sure! LOL btw, what did you actually delete?

I installed some games and one of them was bad. I went to FZ and deleted the games, and a game pack folder and one more folder. It wouldn't work right after that so I delete the mod and went and downloaded it where you said and tried to install it. It installed but said the file was corrupt or not for the smf version

Skhilled

something is not right. The arcade installed perfectly but the games won't. I'll try again but this time delete the arcade tables in the db.

I'm betting it's that install again mod. :P I've used every other mod you have installed but that one.

Skhilled

I forgot got mention that the paths to the arcade were incorrect and fixed those.

beast

If I download it now, will it install for me?

Also when I go to upload a game here is what I get
Directory /home/stumpbur/stumptest/Games is not writable and chmod didn't succeed. Please make it writable manually.

Skhilled

Hold on, I'm making sure the file permissions are set properly. It'll take a few minutes. After that it should install without a problem. Point is if the games will install. My guess is that the install quickly mod is screwing it up because it looks for things that install. Since the games install through a mod but the games are not a mod themselves it blocks them.

It goes through the whole process of installing the games and even says they are installed. If you look at the arcade page to play a game it shows the game names but no images. If you look in the the /Games directory on the server there are no files!

I uninstalled that install quickly mod and will see if it works. If it's not that then something is screwing it up but I'll figure it out. ;)