Contact Form

Started by Ronald, August 27, 2015, 09:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Maxx on August 27, 2015, 07:18:36 PM
BTW it works if you have the recaptcha in you SMF system!:)

regards,
Maxx

I give it a try.. I do have the recaptcha

Thanks..

Maxx

Good Luck Bro ... talk at you in the morning, gonna work a bit more and hit the sack!

regards,
Maxx

Ronald

Maxx how can you customize this Contact Form.. I'd like to add some text to it..

Skhilled

That would depend on where you wish to add the text. If you open contact2.xml in Notepad++ after this part you can see the text that is already available:

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.english.php">

If you just want to add text right after or before any of those you can just add it in there. But if you want it in a different area then it will be a tad harder.

Maxx

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 01, 2015, 09:11:23 AM
Maxx how can you customize this Contact Form.. I'd like to add some text to it..

I would need to investigate this, but I never had reason to make changes to it!
what did you have in mind. and the text? where?  in the in the form ot out side?

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

That's the million dollar question...where. Changing the text that is already there or adding to it is very easy. Otherwise, can be a bit tricky unless you know php a little bit.

Ronald

I would like to add a small banner, a dropdown menu, a short message under the banner..

The one I use now, I have down it as a page on simple portal, which is easy to do.. But the smf form is a wee bit more complicated..one mistake and your out..

Skhilled

Ok, show us a screen shot of the page and where you want to add you banner, etc.

Time for a nap so I'll look at this tomorrow...

Ronald

This is the page I use now. http://www.seniorsworldwide.net/index.php?page=page2576 click on no need to login and see what I'm using now.. Problem is when you send me a inquirer it comes through "snaphost" 

Now here is SMF Contact Us

Advanced Contact Form 1.1  being used on a Test Board  http://diyhomerepairforum.net/earcade/test/index.php?action=contact

Lets see what can be done with this..

Ken.

Oldcrow, I just posted a test to your contact form.  :cool2:

EDIT: ... the system just sent me an email notice of the contact post.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Not sure if it's just me, but I really don't see the need for modifications to the Contact form?

If they do not tell me who they are and what they want, I'll not reply to them.

If, I need their last name I'll ask only if I'm interest in the message.
subject is self explanatory,

The message body also, is where they explain what they need to contact me for or questions they need answered, or what ever.

I think making people go through hoops to contact some is not good practice.
If there is any additional info need and I'm inclined to answer, I will ask for it!

Not good to edit to many things in the set code, unless it's done in the next or upcoming version update.

regards,
Maxx

Ronald

Quote from: Ken. on September 01, 2015, 06:10:13 PM
Oldcrow, I just posted a test to your contact form.  :cool2:

EDIT: ... the system just sent me an email notice of the contact post.

QuoteContact Us Form
noreply@snaphost.com
6:09 PM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: contact_us@seniorsworldwide.net

Name = Ken.
FromEmailAddress = ken.kimbrell@*************
Comments = ... testing your contact form Oldcrow. :)

User's IP address: ** *** *** **
-------
The form was processed by http://www.snaphost.com/captcha/ on 22:08 Sep 1 2015 UTC

Ronald

Quote from: Maxx on September 01, 2015, 06:59:57 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Not sure if it's just me, but I really don't see the need for modifications to the Contact form?

If they do not tell me who they are and what they want, I'll not reply to them.

If, I need their last name I'll ask only if I'm interest in the message.
subject is self explanatory,

The message body also, is where they explain what they need to contact me for or questions they need answered, or what ever.

I think making people go through hoops to contact some is not good practice.
If there is any additional info need and I'm inclined to answer, I will ask for it!

Not good to edit to many things in the set code, unless it's done in the next or upcoming version update.

regards,
Maxx

Thanks Maxx

Ronald

I installed the Advanced Contact Form in the forum, it went in OK, and I set it up.

But where is the link..nothing shows..  http://seniorsworldwide.net/index.php?action=forum

Ronald

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 01, 2015, 08:40:44 PM
I installed the Advanced Contact Form in the forum, it went in OK, and I set it up.

But where is the link..nothing shows..  http://seniorsworldwide.net/index.php?action=forum

OK I did get the link and set it up..

I would like to add a line of text at the top.. I have attached the zip file..Maybe someone could look and tell me where I can add a line of text..