Main Menu

span

Started by beast, September 09, 2015, 09:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I am getting 8 to 10 apan ever day. My sec. catches them for approval and I keep rejecting them. Why am I getting all of these now?

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Actually, I've noticed a lot of spamming over the past month...here and on other site I admin at. Not sure why, some even seem to be real people.

As long as they are getting blocked then don't worry about it. If they seem to be coming from a specific country, you can block the country for awhile...until it stops and they go away.

Use the information here to do that:

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?topic=922.0

There are various times of the year when they come out to play. Christmas time is the worst! This is because that is the time of year when most money is exchanged. They can more likely get someone's bank info, personal info, etc. They could be out now because of all of the Labor Day Sales. Remember some pretty big stores have been hacked recently... ;)

Maxx

Did you try changing the registration  questions? and do you stop spammer? or something! they are using real people to spam now days!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

He said it was blocking them. He was just wondering why so many are coming now. Who knows? LOL My guess was Labor Day Sales but it could just a coincidence.

I intalled anti-spam mods on his site awhile back so he's good there...

beast

You did a good job too.   :banghead: See, They can't get in   :laughcry:

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

As long as they can't get in then it's all good! They can't get anyone's personal info, email, bank account or whatever! ;)

Of course, you have to not let guests see that info. LOL If guests can see personal info then there's no need for security...it's a waste of time and effort. ;)

Maxx

Also on another note I don't trust the Baidu spiders, they seem to be lurking all the time and the are many Russian :( and many hacks seem to be trying to fins=d an way in! Many spammers are going with the off shore services for doing there spam thing. I never let anyone in form Asian Unless I know who they are.. and all things at my site are free to.. no need to even sign up unless they want to help and thi98s also why I have the contact from install! 

On Logoof.net there are many from asia, so I must let them in, but no issues thus far! and the ads are all set for guest viewing :)

It will decrease your site hit but, they just linger mostly anyway , that's always a negative sin for me!

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

LGF servers are in Croatia so you should expect a lot of hits from Asian spiders.

As long as they can't get in or if they do, you have set up the proper precautions then no worries.

On my sites, I always have new users not able to see others' personal info...UNTIL I see they are real people or they pass a set number of legit posts. ;)

If I see they are real people then I will set their membergroup to a legit one before they reach the required amount of posts. You just need to set up the membergroups properly first. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Maxx on September 09, 2015, 10:49:09 AM
Also on another note I don't trust the Baidu spiders, they seem to be lurking all the time and the are many Russian :( and many hacks seem to be trying to fins=d an way in! Many spammers are going with the off shore services for doing there spam thing. I never let anyone in form Asian Unless I know who they are.. and all things at my site are free to.. no need to even sign up unless they want to help and thi98s also why I have the contact from install! 

On Logoof.net there are many from asia, so I must let them in, but no issues thus far! and the ads are all set for guest viewing :)

It will decrease your site hit but, they just linger mostly anyway , that's always a negative sin for me!

regards,
maxx

I just installed the codes in.htaccess to block China, Korea and Hong Kong. Works good at blocking after a day or two..

I was getting a lot of Baidu bots from China..

My spam filters work great at stopping spammers Stop Spam Forum and captcha and a couple of questions..