2.0.15 themes

Started by beast, November 26, 2017, 09:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I have been patently waiting about 5 years now for the release of smf 2.1, they keep saying when it's done.. I doubt it'll ever be done..

Skhilled

Maybe in 5 more years...after they finish patching 2.0.x. LOL Kind of hard to work on more than one version at a time.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 28, 2017, 11:03:35 AM
Maybe in 5 more years...after they finish patching 2.0.x. LOL Kind of hard to work on more than one version at a time.

SMF has no one left to make over these boards. All the good people have left, and refuse to help, something to do with whoever was put in charge..

Skhilled

I wasn't going to go there, but...there's that, too. But v2.0.15 does seem to have a lot of much needed fixes. I am pleasantly surprised!

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 07:41:23 AM
I wasn't going to go there, but...there's that, too. But v2.0.15 does seem to have a lot of much needed fixes. I am pleasantly surprised!

There is a lot of things they could do to improve smf forums, a lot is missing that other forum templates take for default..I use to ask the support about different things, and always got a snide remark back, it's not needed. Best thing about SMF is it's very easy to work with..

Skhilled

Yup! The snide, arrogant remarks are uncalled for. Even if you don't like someone that is not how you give good support because everyone else sees it and will think that is how you will treat them. ;)

Iplay with a lot of other software, blogs, forums, cms, etc. and SMF is missing a lot of nice features. Sooner or later it will be left behind due to the lack of innovation and creativity.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 09:53:30 AM
Yup! The snide, arrogant remarks are uncalled for. Even if you don't like someone that is not how you give good support because everyone else sees it and will think that is how you will treat them. ;)

Iplay with a lot of other software, blogs, forums, cms, etc. and SMF is missing a lot of nice features. Sooner or later it will be left behind due to the lack of innovation and creativity.

Yes what you say is correct, take myBB, they have more default programs installed, and there staff is always coming up with a new update template..

Problem for me with myBB is you have to install all the mod.'s via FTP.. I do like IPB but it costs an arm and leg.. I have one license already for the old IPB version for the Arcade Forum

Someday smf will either be great or gone..

Skhilled

Now, myBB can install mods via the admin finally...the last time I checked it could. You couldn't do it for a lot of years but now you can. :)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 10:09:14 AM
Now, myBB can install mods via the admin finally...the last time I checked it could. You couldn't do it for a lot of years but now you can. :)

Good to know, I may setup a Test board with myBB.
Thanks..

Skhilled

I usually have about 10 test sites with various software on them on my hosting. 1 -2 times per year I'll start over if they have a new version and play with them to see what's going on. This is what I do when I get bored or I help test software for them.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 10:19:55 AM
I usually have about 10 test sites with various software on them on my hosting. 1 -2 times per year I'll start over if they have a new version and play with them to see what's going on. This is what I do when I get bored or I help test software for them.

Just installed a myBB test site. Will go to the myBB board sign in and see what is available with the mod.s.

With all these test sites you have when do you find time to go to work to relax..

Skhilled

That's how I relax. LOL I love learning new things. Or play video games. LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 10:45:48 AM
That's how I relax. LOL I love learning new things. Or play video games. LOL

I love learning new techniques also. But sometimes I forget what I learned..getting old is no dam fun. Which reminds me how is Grandpa doing

Skhilled

He's ok since he had the mishap at the hospital and later had phemonia. But he's good and now living with my sister who is trained in taking care of people. But he still gets around well. :)

Well, time for a nap. Cya later.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 11:19:17 AM
He's ok since he had the mishap at the hospital and later had phemonia. But he's good and now living with my sister who is trained in taking care of people. But he still gets around well. :)

Well, time for a nap. Cya later.

Great to hear. I love to see the older people up and around, and doing good..