My Own Image Hosting

Started by Ronald, July 02, 2018, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I have tried about 3 Images hosting programs from my Cpanel host. Not one gives you the codes for posting the images on a web forum.

Is there any image hosting programs I can use and be my own, other wards I wish to host my own image program..

Skhilled

You may need a customized script and it may or may not cost you. There's lots of scripts out there but you'll probably need to ask them to add a plugin or coding for SMF or whatever forum you want it for.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 03, 2018, 09:11:39 AM
You may need a customized script and it may or may not cost you. There's lots of scripts out there but you'll probably need to ask them to add a plugin or coding for SMF or whatever forum you want it for.

Nope not for a forum. Les has one for forums.

I want to host my own, similar to Photobucket, same thing basically..

I do host my own for the forum right in to database

Skhilled

Personally, I have not played with any of those scripts but I'll look around and see if I can find something. But I assume it would require some custom coding. I think you'd probably need a vps for that and a way to setup individual accounts for the users so they can access their photos.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 03, 2018, 09:28:38 AM
Personally, I have not played with any of those scripts but I'll look around and see if I can find something. But I assume it would require some custom coding. I think you'd probably need a vps for that and a way to setup individual accounts for the users so they can access their photos.

Nope no users, just myself.. Right now I have Coppermine setup for myself. But the images show but have no html codes or bbc codes, this is what I am interested in getting I need the codes for linking the images..

Skhilled

Oh, now I get it. I was going to suggest Coppermine but I thought there was a way to do it in that program...or used to be.

However, you can take a look at these:

https://lifehacker.com/how-can-i-take-control-and-host-my-own-photos-online-1461903693

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 03, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
Oh, now I get it. I was going to suggest Coppermine but I thought there was a way to do it in that program...or used to be.

However, you can take a look at these:

https://lifehacker.com/how-can-i-take-control-and-host-my-own-photos-online-1461903693

One step ahead of you, already had that open when posting here.. After looking I don't think I'll find anything..The Cpanel has plenty of Galleries, but no codes with the images..Either has to been a hosting gallery or a program that has the codes. :groan: :groan: :groan:

Skhilled

Skhilled

This one also looks good but is not free:

https://jalbum.net/en/

Ronald

Thanks, I will look into this and also keep looking for an answer for Coppermine, I like Coppermine.

Scrubmeister

I used to host some of my own pics on a server. If you have access to that just set up a folder and load pic into it. Each pic will have its own address if you need to post it somewhere else. No cost if you already have a cpanel.

Ronald

Quote from: Scrubmeister on July 04, 2018, 09:13:17 AM
I used to host some of my own pics on a server. If you have access to that just set up a folder and load pic into it. Each pic will have its own address if you need to post it somewhere else. No cost if you already have a cpanel.

Yea I have two Cpanels... How do I set this up..

I do this for two forums I have, I host the images..

Be interesting how to Host my own images and post them where I like..

Skhilled

Basically, you can just create a folder or as many folders as you like and upload the pics to it. The problem is you will not have the HTML or BBC tags created for you. However, if you use the BBC for images in SMF (click the icon) it should ask you for the link to the image. You'll want to right-click on the image and select "Copy Image URL" then add that to the space provided for the BBC Image code. It should add it for you.

It's not an ideal way to do it but should work. Having an image program would have things more organized for you.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 04, 2018, 10:13:58 AM
Basically, you can just create a folder or as many folders as you like and upload the pics to it. The problem is you will not have the HTML or BBC tags created for you. However, if you use the BBC for images in SMF (click the icon) it should ask you for the link to the image. You'll want to right-click on the image and select "Copy Image URL" then add that to the space provided for the BBC Image code. It should add it for you.

It's not an ideal way to do it but should work. Having an image program would have things more organized for you.

No not my way, too complicated. Need something simple..

Skhilled