New Theme

Started by beast, May 03, 2012, 08:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

How hard is it ti build a new theme for stumpburner ?

:signold:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

WEll, it "can" be complex if you want to redesign the images and how things look. If you just want to change colors it's pretty easy. If you want to learn how to do it I suggest you learn how to change the colors of things first. It will show you what is what and where everything is.

Then you can learn CSS (cascading style sheets) if you wish to totally change the look of it.

Skhilled

The images are in /Themes/default/images. I suggest that you download smf to your hard drive, if you have not already, and open that folder and play with the images. Use paint.net (you can find it at paint.net, LOL) to change the colors of the images. Save the changed images to a different folder for use in your custom theme. Do not save them to the original smf folder.

DO NOT EDIT YOUR DEFAULT THEME!!!...EVER!!!

Go to Admin -> configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Manage and Install. At the bottom of that page, find: "Create a copy of Default named:" and enter a new name like "test" or something. This will be your new test theme's name. Then click "Install!".

It will create a new directory and theme that you can view, play with, or whatever. Be careful, at first it will lok EXACTLY like the default theme until you do something to it! After saving your changed images just upload them to /Themes/test/images or whatever you named your new theme.

EDIT: The images in /Themes/default/images/theme will change the background and a few other blue things.

beast

Thank you very much. That will give me something I can stay busy at and learn. Ever time I learn some thing. I feel like a kid that just found a bag of cookies  :thanks3:

:happy: :hah:
Thanks [you] for reading my post