logo on themes

Started by beast, November 18, 2018, 12:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

It has been so long. I don't remember how to delete a themes name, and put my own logo on it, and centered

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

beast

I can't get it to work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Skhilled

Sorry, been very busy lately and forgot about this. To add your own logo you need to upload it wherever you like and then go to Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme.

Then in this section: "Theme Options and Preferences" add the path and image filename to "Logo image URL:". You might have to use the IMG and CENTER tags to get it centered or use the index.css file to center it. Actually, I forget how to center it myself. LOL
EDIT: If you would have done a search at SMF you probably would have found this:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=561363.0

beast

I did all that and the logo still won't show up  :groan:

Skhilled

You're not being specific about what you have tried to do. Maybe I can help more if you tell me that.

The SMF.org link basically says you can't center the logo using Curves or a theme based on Curves without a lot of extra coding. If you are using a custom theme you should contact the creator of the theme to help you center it because it has custom coding.

beast

I don't under stand the curve thing. All the others work. so it must be the theme. I will get another. I'm just playing and having fun trying this and that

Skhilled

It's just the way SMF designed Curves (the default theme) and made it difficult to do certain things.

beast

Ok! Here is what I did

Center the Header Logo ( SMF 2.x)
« on: Today at 05:02:46 PM »
In your themes Index.css find:
Code: [Select]
h1.forumtitle
{
line-height: 45px;
font-size: 1.8em;
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
float: left;
}

and replace with:
Code: [Select]
h1.forumtitle
{
line-height: 45px;
font-size: 1.8em;
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
text-align: center;
}
On the pic on the index css it shows the logo in the center. But when I go back to the forum. The logo is on the left side????  :groan:   :cry1:

Skhilled

Quote from: beast on December 08, 2018, 11:15:23 AM
On the pic on the index css it shows the logo in the center. But when I go back to the forum. The logo is on the left side? ??? :groan:   :cry1:

What do you mean by "On the pic on the index css it shows the logo in the center."??? What did you use to edit the code?