SEO Tools

Started by Skhilled, March 11, 2012, 08:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

A note about SEO's and Advertising! You must have good content on your site and a lot of content on your site. Do not just start up a site with nothing on it and submit it to the search engines! Why? They will find nothing and not index you. If people find your site and find nothing they will say bad things about your site and tell those bad things to others. you have been warned!!!

Google has a great starter guide for this:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

You should also check out this SEO page at Google.com:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291&ctx=cb&src=cb&cbid=-fprxocrbizxi&cbrank=1

You'll need to be logged in to see it.

Skhilled

Skhilled

Maxx

Good Stuff Doc,

And I'd like to add that there are many site and places to go and get these tools free for starters and no need to pay monthly fees for services, that may not work out for you or you site, as Doc. suggests, read up and discover on your own. And I would be careful also not to pay for links and stuff that promises to get you 1,000's of links to you, this will only get you, in must case in trouble with Google and other search, banning you from the index services. then you need to practically beg them to index you once again!

There are many scams and schemes that try to trick the big guys, but you will pay in the end.
So you must study these things and I'm certain that Doc will update anything he find as well!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Thanks for bringing that up. Taking the time to learn about Search Engines, how they work and how to get ranked is not hard. And NO ONE can guarantee you a specific ranking! You will be wasting your money on these paid services. Even if they do get you to a certain rank, eventually you will get knocked down and they will do nothing to get you back up AND keep you there.

It does involve a bit of work as well as trial and error. But remember, there are millions of other sites trying to get ranked too. ;)

Maxx

That's It ... Agreed! :)

regards,
maxx