?????

Started by beast, March 19, 2013, 08:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I was just wondering. If one was to install all the updates as they came out. Would he have to go thru all that stuff in installing a large up date?

:baghead:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Do you mean just installing mod updates as they come out?

beast

Skhilled

Sure, you can and should  install updates when they are available...especially if they are security updates.

You do not have to redo your whole forum. Just uninstall the old mod and then install the new one. Run a few tests to make sure it works and you're all set. :)

Skhilled

Hmmm, just thought about this... If you are talking about upgrading SMF...to 2.0.4 then you can just click the link in the admin to upgrade it. However, I do suggest that you download the smf large package for it and upload the 5 upgrade files from it and run http://www.your_forum.com/upgrade.php to make sure the database is also upgraded.

Skhilled

What are you trying to upgrade?

beast

I went ahead and upgraded my site to 2.0.4 But I seen on here one person wanted to upgrade, and he had to do all kinds of things because his site wasn't close enough to the top upgrade.
  My question was if a person kept his upgrade up to snuff {Like I am} When the next upgrade comes out. I would just upgrade to it with out having to make a major upgrade.
  Would it not work that way???  :dontknow:

Skhilled

Well, that depends on the type of upgrade that SMF releases. Some like 2.0.4 are simple enough that not much needs t obe done. Major version changes like SMF 1.x to SMF 2.0 requires a lot of work because most themes and mods will not work with the newer version and will need upgrades too.

Basically, the code that SMF changes will determine what you will need to do. They will usually state on their forum if it is only small changes or large changes.

beast

I know how to fix it. I will just check with you before I ever do any thing like that  :rofl1: See I fixed it

Skhilled

Are you sure? LOL j/k

Glad you did! :D