Hit Counter

Started by beast, June 07, 2012, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Has anyone made a hit counter that will only count you once and not ever time you change a page?

:dontknow:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Not specifically for SMF, that I'm aware of. You can check your server stats. I'm sure that will give you "unique" hits.

There might be php or javascript scripts that do this but they are not specifically made for SMF.

saffz

My apologies for bringing this topic back to life but topsites websitesite  can count page views and hits on websites depend on what setting they have setup.   On my topsite i have it set to count hits on websites and I have a anti cheat gateway so people can't vote more than once a day.  Topsites are SEO friendly too.  You can log into your user control and view your stats plus you will receive free webtraffic related to your site, but for the info to log your hits you have to place a button on your site which records hits/page views.  .

Skhilled

No problem, Saffz and thanks. :)

beast

I had a counter on my site a ways back, but it would count ever time you change a page. I would like it to count you just one time, ever time you log on

:baghead:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

I am not sure if Top sites will do that or not but Saffz could explain it better.