Militarysnow

Started by davejo, June 04, 2017, 08:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davejo

I have reported it but when you try to submit the score it says 'Score was not saved because session is missing'

Skhilled

This is probably cause of the SMF 2.0.14 upgrade. You can also press "CTRL" then press the "F5" key to do a hard browser fresh and see if that helps. If not, then we'll have to wait for the upgraded arcade version we are testing. There are quite a few issues with the SMF upgrade. :P

Chen Zhen

I traced the issue to the $context array (or any global for that matter) that I assign a value while playing a game does not hold its value when it cycles back to save a score.

It works on my test forum using PHP 5.5 & SMF 2.0.14 but here & on the docskillz text site using SMF 2.0.14 & PHP 7.1 globals that I temporarily assign are not holding their values. I have patched it for now using a session array but this is pending as I will try to figure out why the behavior has changed between PHP versions.

I have not read any changes in PHP 7 that can cause this behavior as of yet but it may be some subtle change or it may be caused by a change to SMF 2.0.14 regarding a PHP 7 environment.

Skhilled

Hmmm, I've forgotten about upgrading to PHP 7.1. Thanks for looking into this. :)

Maybe we need to add some of the games here to the test forum.