Why isn't there an arcade on this site?

Started by dwd2000, February 20, 2015, 12:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwd2000

I kinda thought it was an appropriate question. :)
30 years ago I was young and foolish. Now, I'm just young.

Skhilled

Yes, that is a good question. LOL I had it here but no one was playing it and when Niko dropped the arcade I uninstalled it here while getting rid of a few unneeded things. This is a SMF support site but was also used as a backup for SMF Arcade if that site had server issues and was unavailable. Users could still come here and get the arcade or games until the real site got back online.

Now, I just keep the arcade files and games here for those who want them. Who knows how long the arcade will last. I'm sure it will probably die when SMF 2.1 becomes available because the coding and database are very different.

dwd2000

Quote from: Skhilled on February 20, 2015, 09:41:34 AM
Now, I just keep the arcade files and games

Do you have copies of the hacks and stuff from SMF Arcade.info, or are they lost forever?
There was one code snippet that was on there that allowed us to place the text from the "help" right under the game as it was being played.
There were more, but that one is very helpful.
30 years ago I was young and foolish. Now, I'm just young.

Skhilled

I got rid of everything ecept for the arcade, the skin, Underdog's version of the arcade, and the games. Most of the hacks weren't updated in ages and were abandoned.