Main Menu

???

Started by Zacharia, June 12, 2017, 09:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrubmeister

Maxx and Zarprime were both Admins on the site after Jeff passed.

Zar was on less frequently I believe because of his health. I wasn't even aware Zarprime had passed until some time later. I'm not sure Maxx knew either? We had spoken about Jim but neither of us had contact with him.

Lurkalot is correct in that there should be mention of Zarprime passing.

The themes on Jeff's site have not been updated as far as I know. Maxx spoke about doing it but was really not well enough to take that on.

Skhilled

Actually, I think none of us knew he had passed but knew he was missing then finally a family member posted something on his FB...if I remember correctly.

If I can get past the misconfigurations on the server I can get surface theme up. LOL

Scrubmeister

I noticed that Zarprime has a Birthday on July 11. He would have been 64. Will be sure to post something on that day about his passing.

Skhilled - I'm sure the server issues can be solved.

Skhilled

Yeah, I know but I've meant to be a bit more specific in what to tell the hosting.

QuoteI had created a FTP account "skhilled". When I tried to connect with it it would not connect to the server. I assumed it was a password issue. I tried to change it but kept getting "loading" which lasted about 2 minutes then got the "ajax error" then the server crashed.

On my 2nd attempt, after it was back up, I tried to delete the account and got the "ajax error" and it crashed again. The error was not specific but they should be able to trace it through the logs or other means.

If you tell them what I put in the quote it should help them more. I'll wait until I hear back from them before trying it again...

Ken.

Quote from: Scrubmeister on June 14, 2017, 07:30:20 AM
I noticed that Zarprime has a Birthday on July 11. He would have been 64. Will be sure to post something on that day about his passing.

Skhilled - I'm sure the server issues can be solved.

Hi Scrubmeister
Back in July 2016 I was able to communicate with Jim's Sister and she sent me this note:
QuoteJust received this note on FB from Pam Facemyer, Jim's sister:

QuoteHe fell or just could not get up one day and we found him a few days later. So he went to the hosp and was there for a while then they moved him to a nurcing home.  He was there for a couple weeks then there wanted to release him but was not better so my dad moved him to hospice house and we thought he was getting better but he just took a turn for the worse  on the 4th. and passed away that morning.  He fought hard. But lost the battle.  Thank you for contacting me.  Please keep in touch...
Read the full topic here.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Scrubmeister

Ken - Thank You so much for posting that.

Wished I knew someone in Maxx's family so we could find out how he was doing.

Skhilled

It's up but missing the themes and mods. So far I've only installed Simple Audio Video Embedder so the videos will work. I did download the themes he had in his downloads and will try to install them. Hopefully, they will work...

https://www.surfacethemes.net

You may have to clear your cache using CTRL+F5 or adjusting your browser's settings.