Opening Crip Zone's Doors

Started by Skhilled, June 19, 2019, 09:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

It's been a long time but we're back!!!  Hello Cripsters!, Skhilled is now Admin at Crip Zone since Maxx's passing and have been working behind the scenes to get things back up and running. I am also hosting this site for free on my hosting @Buildzhosting.

We've opening registration and have just started updating all themes for the upcoming SMF 2.1. This will take quite awhile since there are 60+ themes and 2.1 is not ready yet. It is currently at v2.1 RC2. There will be continuous changes to the SMF code until the final version is released and the new themes will need to be updated as well.

There will be a 2nd demo site just for the 2.1 themes. It will be viewable to the public so you can see the new themes we are working on. Your opinions are always welcome and a topic will be opened just for that. We would like to know which themes you'd like to see first. We'll work on those themes first. Currently, only the CleanWhite theme will be available for RC2 and will be posted soon.

A few bugs have been found in a couple of the current SMF 2.0.x themes and were fixed. I'll post updated versions of those soon!  O0

Welcome back,
The Cripzone Themes Site Team.

Ken.

It is great to see that the Crip Zone will continue to be a legacy project for Jeff's memory and that it will showcase all of the wonderful themes that he has created. Thank you, Steve, for all of the work that you are putting into the site and the themes.

Jeff must be well pleased.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Thanks, bro. Got some plans for this, more to be announced. ;)

Hmmm, I guess I'll need some theme testers for the updated themes. LOL

Ken.

Well, me is already testing two of them.  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Those aren't the updated themes, those are the same ones that were already there for 2.0.x. 2.1 themes will not work with SMF 2.0.x because of the coding and db changes. You'll need a SMF 2.1 RC2 forum to test them. Or play around on the test forum I made that you are already a member of...

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on June 20, 2019, 06:55:49 AMOr play around on the test forum I made that you are already a member of...

Sounds like the better choice.  :cool2:

Skhilled

Edit: I've neglected to mention that all new themes will be responsive. Also, I've changed many of the images to gradients. This should cause faster loading as the images will not have to load and cache and will use less disk space.