Dreaming of a snowy Christmas.

Started by aura, December 03, 2014, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Hello Skhilled

Yes its me again .....  :ohmy2:

Im picking your brain again, is it possible to add this http://www.hypergurl.com/snowmaker.html to SMF forum?

I use to have a snow mod but its not on the mod site anymore and i dont like the project snow mod they have.

aura

EDIT By Skhilled: Here's the link to make it easy for those who need it:

http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=6

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

It should work if you add the code to the index.template.php file for your theme(s) following these instructions:

STEP 1:
Copy and paste the falling snow javascript below after the <body> tag of your html.

You must add it to each them your viewers are allowed to use. But be warned that on slow servers it can slow down your site because it is constantly running. Give it a try and see if it works. If it doesn't look here and see if you can find others that may work better:

http://www.hotscripts.com/

EDIT: I tried it and it didn't work for me. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong...

aura

thanks Skhilled i just got out of bed cos i was laying there and i thought hhmmm i reckon i use to run something in my headers on a free forum where i had no mods ......but that didnt work either....*grins*

maybe there is to much hot air on elements from girls fighting lol

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

LOL! I'm sure it is something I'm doing wrong cause I get a blank screen when I do it. I'll ask someone who is a much better coder than I am. LOL

aura

but but but ...and another but You know everything *grins*

honestly you are a very clever Man i admire you greatly and i have learnt so much from you. 

Even little things like you suggesting i put in some forum rules, it was good cos i needed them.  We even have a resources sharing policy now *grins*

hugs
aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

I "WISH" I knew everything!  :hah:

...and thanks...  :blush:

aura

The thing is your kind and you share your knowledge and you do it in a way that others dont feel stupid, and teach us blonde one how to do it ourselfs *S* there is a saying adults learn best by doing, and i have learnt lots from doing things you suggest.

i must go back to bed my eyes are trying to shut, i hope you have a good sleep if you just did nights *S* or a good day if your off.

hugs
aura .....

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

I'll be heading to bed in about 2 hours myself then back to work for the last night of the week.

Sleep well, babe.

oxox

aura

take care hugs

talk soon.... i need to tell you about our big font drama .....groans im still worn down from it.  :pullhair:

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

Skhilled

I've found out how to do it if you have a portal. But I'm still waiting for an answer for those who don't...

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on December 05, 2014, 09:20:58 AM
I've found out how to do it if you have a portal. But I'm still waiting for an answer for those who don't...

How to for portals Steve?  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

beast

Do I install the portal like a mod ? or what

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

You already have a portal, Simple Portal...you just need to make the block, make it invisible and add that code to it then upload that file.